Mahindra Scorpio Getaway
Mahindra Scorpio Getaway
Mahindra Scorpio Getaway Diesel is Mahindra & Mahindra’s first pick-up segment lifestyle SUV. It is the first-of-its-kind of a car to roll out in Scorpio platform and has been built to fit the urban lifestyle needs. It is aggressive, powerful and grand and is powered by a 2.6-litre turbocharged SZ CRDe and Common Rail Diesel engine.
The front side of the car looks similar to the Scorpio SUV. It has a high and imposing stance with an aggressive front grille with vertical chromed stripes. The air scoop found on the bonnet looks impressive and the clear lens headlights look good too. Mahindra Scorpio Getaway Diesel sports 16-inch alloy wheels wrapped in 245/75 tyres. It has a loading space of 1125mm with the big load tray which has roll bars.
The interiors of Mahindra Scorpio Getaway Diesel are elegantly designed. The centre console has a wooden finish and the seats have leather upholstery. The car comes with power windows, theatre style interior illumination, mobile charging facility, steering adjustment, powered OVRMs and side steps. It also has an audio stereo system with full CD/MP3 player and radio, SC Card port and USB.
Engine & Transmission
Mahindra Scorpio Getaway Diesel gets a 2.6-litre CRDe diesel engine that delivers 115bhp of power at 3800rpm and 277Nm of torque at 1700rpm. The engine comes mated with a five speed manual gearbox that possesses long throws but the short ratios match well to the torque spread.
Housing a diesel engine, Mahindra Scorpio Getaway Diesel offers an ARAI certified mileage of 12.88kmpl.
Performance & Handling
The vehicle has been equipped with double wishbone and torsion bar suspension at the front while at the rear is a semi-elliptical leaf spring with double acting hydraulic shock absorber. The car does not have any problem in going off the road due to the ground clearance of 180mm. The handling is good and it can go from 0-100kmph mark in 18 seconds.
Braking & Safety
Mahindra Scorpio Getaway Diesel sports very good safety features in the form of modern SRS airbags, tubeless tyres, ABS, fortified crumple zones to offer unmatched safety. It has disc type brakes at the front and drum type brakes at the rear.
Mahindra Scorpio Getaway Diesel is fitted with arrange of advanced features that have been designed specifically for safety, style and comfort. It is expensive but more suited to the city rods than its rivals like Tata Xenon.
- Number of Airbags Not on offer
- Airbags Driver frontal airbag, Front passenger frontal airbag
- Braking Systems Anti-lock Braking system (ABS), Electronic Braking System (EBS)
- Immobilizer Yes
- Parking Sensors Not on offer
- Child Safety Locks (ISOFIX) Yes
- Low Fuel Warning Lamp Yes
- Door Ajar Warning Yes
- Sun-roof Yes
- Rear spoiler Yes
- Headlights Halogen
- Front fog lights Yes
- Tinted windows Yes
- Wheels Steel
- Wheel Cover Center Cap
- Bumper Body colored bumper
- Outside Mirror Internal adjustment-Manual
- Power windows All Windows
- Power steering Electric power
- Dashboard Analog
- Multifunction display Yes
- Central locking Will Update Soon
- Adjustable steering column Height, Telescopically
- Interior material Fabric
- Seats material Fabric
- Multifunction steering wheel Yes
- Sun-visor Driver & Front Passenger
- Seat Height Adjustment Manual Adjustment
- Audiosystem Audiosystem
- Ventilation system Manual Air conditioning with cooling and heating
- Remote boot Yes
- Other specs Air Conditioner : Standard
- Length 5118 mm.
- Width 1850 mm.
- Height 1874 mm.
- Wheel base 3040 mm.
- Front track 1450 mm.
- Rear track 1450 mm.
- Ground clearance 180 mm.
- Gross vehicle weight 2650 kg.
- Boot space 460 l.
- Fuel tank capacity 80 ltr.
- Minimum turning radius 5.7 m.
- Seating capacity 7
- Body Type SUV
- Doors 5
- Cylinder configuration In-line
- Cylinders 4
- Valves per cylinder 2
- Displacement 2609 cc
- Power 115 PS @3800rpm
- Torque 277 Nm @1700rpm
- Turbo charger Yes
- Engine location Front, longitudinal
- Fuel system Injection
- CO2 emissions BS IV g/km
- Fuel type Diesel
- Mileage city 9.4 km/liter
- Mileage highway 13.5 km/liter
- ARAI Certified Mileage 13.5 km/liter
- 0-100 kmph 19.1 s.
- Drivetrain Rear
- Type Manual
- Speeds 5
- Front brakes Solid Disc
- Rear brakes Drum
- Front suspension Double wish-bone with torsion bar
- Rear suspension Semi-elliptical leaf spring with double acting hydraulic shock absorber and stab bar
- Front tyres 245/75
- Rear tyres 245/75
- Wheels size R16
- Handbrake Manual
Mahindra Scorpio Alternatives
Other Mahindra Cars
Latest news on Mahindra
Read the latest news on Mahindra