2016 Triumph Bonneville spotted testing
Snapshot: The new 2016 Bonneville gets a new liquid cooled engine, new chassis frame and authentic retro looks
The recent spy shots of the new 2016 Triumph Bonneville reveal that the bike will be getting a new engine with liquid cooling, a new chassis and even more authentic retro styling. The new engine is seen having a fully functional cooling fins and a radiator mounted just behind the front wheel. It is assumed that the bike might be routing the coolant through the tubular frames as coolant hoses are not seen anywhere on the bike. Triumph Bonneville might also be utilizing an electric pump as no water pump was visible on the bike. The new Bonneville closely resembles the old unit-construction Bonnevilles of the 1960s. The new bike is registered having the same 865cc capacity but some sources suggest that there is an increase in the displacement of the new Bonneville. Either way the 2016 Bonneville is equipped with the liquid cooling mechanism that points out the slew in performance of the bike.
The Bonneville rolls on new set of tires as well, it utilizes a 150/70 R17 Pirelli Phantom SportsComp at the rear – up from a 130/70 on the current bike. And the front wheel is 18-inches in diameter instead of 19, with a 100/90 R18 tire. The new Bonneville feels fresh, more powerful and authentically retro. So we can say this is quite an impressive upgrade Triumph has put into the Bonneville and we would love to put our legs over this beauty as soon as it’s available here.
Source : Motorcycle.com
We think you'd like...
- 2015-02-25 11:22:26 Sunny Soral Triumph Celebrates 1st Indian Anniversary with a stunning build by Rajputana Customs
- 2015-05-25 16:03:41 Sunny Soral Triumph shows Custom Bonneville at Bike Shed London with Barbour International
- 2015-07-21 17:32:09 Prashant Singh Triumph Scrambler from Jurassic World up for Auction
- 2015-10-13 12:39:39 Sunny Soral Video - Triumph begins Teasing 2016 Bonneville, may be Liquid Cooled!
- 2015-10-15 14:44:38 Prashant Singh Triumph to unveil new Bonnies on 28th this month?
- 2015-10-28 11:45:29 Prashant Singh Triumph introduces all new 2016 Bonneville motorcycles
- 2016-01-19 11:12:37 Prashant Singh Triumph Motorcycles commences the bookings of the 2016 Bonneville range
- 2016-02-22 11:53:57 Prashant Singh Triumph India showcases the new Bonneville range at the IBW 2016
- 2016-02-26 11:57:16 Prashant Singh The 2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber spied again