Ace tuner helped RE Continental GT achieve new heights
Snapshot: Cafe Racer touched a whopping speed of 157.2kmph.
Does the name Bonneville salt lakes sound familiar to your ears? Yes, this is the same place where land speed records are broken every now and then. Based out in Tooele county of Utah state, these flats had registered many speed record over the years. One of the finest motorcycling movie of all times, 'World fastest Indian' was also shot here. But he surprising part is, it has got an Indian connection.
You heard it right, Indian connection. How, you ask? Well to start with, a guy named Matt Capri recently broke a speed record on our own Royal Enfield Cafe Racer. Yes Enfield it was! Matt Capri is a former motorcycle champion and now a renowned performance tuner.
In a series of video published on Youtube, Matt Capri said " The great thing about continental GT is its chassis and the price point. If you choose to increase power output, the chassis will handle the additional horsepower. The brakes are exceptional, the frame is exceptional and it comes with advance rear suspension"
The speed week of Bonneville was delayed this time for over 2 weeks due to heavy rain. But individual bikers tested their bikes and this is when RE showed the performance. Cafe Racer touched a whopping speed of 157.2kmph. The bike was ridden by Nadne de Freitas.
All we can say is Hats off to you sir for showcasing RE on a global platform. Here are the images of the event. You can read about Cafe Racer here.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-01 19:22:51 Vidyadhar Sharma Royal Enfield Continental GT sets a new land speed record
- 2014-11-24 13:31:01 Sunny Soral RE and HD's most ambitious projects head to head in Sales!
- 2014-12-18 10:50:29 Sunny Soral Another Truck carrying Royal Enfield Motorcycles burns down to Ashes!
- 2015-03-04 17:34:39 Prashant Singh Signature GT Black color new addition to the RE caf? racer
- 2015-04-29 18:26:36 Sunny Soral Royal Enfield Himalayan Starts Testing in Chennai
- 2015-05-06 11:06:10 Sunny Soral Harley Davidson Winning First Fight with Royal Enfield - Street 750 outsells Continental GT in FY 2015
- 2015-05-12 12:40:44 Sunny Soral Royal Enfield acquires iconic Harris Performance
- 2016-01-11 16:54:38 Sunny Soral RE updates Continental GT with Dark Green shade, Yellow gets discontinued!
- 2016-06-17 11:45:21 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield displays two all new custom motorcycles at Wheels & Waves festival, France