Best Motorcycles under Rs 1.5 Lakh
Snapshot: We have shortlisted the best 5 motorcycles in the country under Rs 1.5 Lakh.
We have received quite a good number of queries over motorcycles that falls in the range below Rs 1.5 Lakh. This is the range where majority of the motorcycles are bought in India. In this article we have covered all the best 5 motorcycles you can buy without giving it a second thought.
1. KTM 200 Duke
The Austrian motorcycle maker, KTM, started off their innings in India with none other than the 200 Duke itself. The bike is undoubtedly a fire-cracker and the best motorcycle way ahead of its competitors. Not only this, the bike comes with sky level engine of refinements, good fuel economy, best in class performance figures and extremely well made body panels. The bike is priced at Rs 1.44 Lakh (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) and is surely the best value for money proposition in this list.
2. Bajaj Pulsar RS200
The second bike in the list comes from none other than the Pune based automaker, Bajaj Auto. The company showcased the bike for the first time at the AutoExpo 2014 and since then it created ripples in the Indian motorcycle market. It is the fastest Pulsar yet and also the most costly motorcycle in Bajaj’s line-up. It also comes with optional ABS and is surely an eye catcher. Best part about the Pulsar RS200 is that even after being a sporty full-faired motorcycle it doesn’t back foot on the comfort part. It is indeed a comfortable sport-tourer that comes with good looks, good fuel-economy and also ABS unlike any other bike in the list. It is priced at Rs 1.32 Lakh (Ex-Showroom, Delhi).
3. Royal Enfield Classic 350
There are many who would want this to be on top of the list but we have enough reasons why it shouldn’t be. The Classic 350 is the modern version of the highly famous Bullet 350. Its parent brand, Royal Enfield, enjoys a huge fan following not just domestically but across the globe. And don’t forget it is the highest capacity motorcycle in the list that actually generates power bit higher than the Yamaha R15. The bike surely is a legend and is a dream of many, but being a Royal Enfield it has some reliability issues and we can’t deny that.
4. Yamaha YZF R15 V2.0
Back in 2011, Yamaha Motor India, came up with the newer, more aggressive looking R15. The bike took the market by storm and was praised all over for its stunning new looks. But sadly the bike haven’t received any update after that and it still runs on the same mechanicals. Apart from new paint schemes and colours there isn’t much that can be talked about the YZF R15 V2.0. It is almost good Rs. 14,000 less than the Pulsar but doesn’t compete against it as it comes with a smaller engine.
5. Suzuki Gixxer SF
The Gixxer SF is the faired version of the naked Gixxer 150 and is also the hottest looking motorcycle of the faired 150cc segment. It is now also available with the rear disc brake option which wasn’t present in the market before. The Gixxer SF will cost you around Rs 87,373 (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) for the rear disc variant and Rs 2,500 less for the rear drum variant. This sure is one of the nicest motorcycles you can buy in the country today.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-13 13:45:34Udit VishalBajaj developing Pulsar 200 NS FI for the Indonesian Market
- 2014-05-19 18:19:45Udit VishalBajaj launches Pulsar 200 NS FI in international markets
- 2014-05-29 12:03:40Udit VishalBajaj introduces new color shemes for Pulsar series
- 2014-11-13 14:05:35Sunny SoralBajaj's old War Horse P220 Sells 4 times than Karizma Updates!
- 2014-11-27 16:51:32Sunny SoralSpied - Bajaj Pulsar 200SS with ABS!
- 2015-03-18 12:12:01Prashant SinghMore details out from the Indian microsite for the Bajaj Pulsar RS200
- 2015-06-09 10:58:37Prashant SinghBajaj Auto hints the launch of smaller capacity CS Pulsar
- 2015-06-23 12:07:53Prashant SinghBajaj increases the production of Pulsar RS 200
- 2015-07-17 13:35:19Sunny SoralBlack-Gold Colour Scheme coming for Pulsar RS200? Reports Suggest it may!
- 2015-07-23 12:42:11Prashant SinghPulsar RS200's crashes after front alloy breaks, says owner
- 2015-07-27 16:10:56Prashant SinghBajaj Auto's official statement on Pulsar RS200's rim breaking accident
- 2015-08-07 11:24:38Prashant SinghBajaj Auto to discontinue NS200 from the Indian line-up
- 2015-09-23 16:22:35Prashant SinghBajaj Auto launches RS 200 in 'Demon Black' color scheme
- 2015-10-30 11:02:11Prashant SinghBajaj Auto Hikes The Price of AS 200
- 2015-11-04 18:51:10Prashant SinghHas Bajaj Auto discontinued the Pulsar 200NS from its line up?
- 2016-01-06 12:42:55Prashant SinghBajaj Pulsar RS200 Tops 10 most searched bikes on Internet in 2015
- 2016-03-02 15:20:57Prashant SinghAll you need to know about the Bajaj Pulsar 'Festival of Speed' racing event!
- 2016-03-16 18:40:10Prashant SinghBajaj 'Festival of Speed' concluded on an exciting note in Delhi NCR!
- 2016-03-31 14:10:41Prashant SinghBangalore to host the next Bajaj 'FOS' event on 2nd April
- 2016-04-11 11:00:43Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 spied getting tested in Pune
- 2016-04-18 12:19:19Prashant SinghBajaj Pulsar 200NS ABS spied getting tested
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29Neeraj JhaTop 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-13 14:33:54Neeraj JhaBajaj Auto Finance enters partnership with India Post
- 2016-07-04 16:12:47Neeraj JhaBajaj Pulsar RS 200 gets new Red and white colour
- 2014-12-01 17:49:13Sunny SoralSpied - KTM Duke 390 upgrade for 2016!!
- 2015-04-13 13:09:28Prashant SinghKTM 200 Duke turned into a scrambler by Caf?© Nomads
- 2015-08-20 11:42:38Prashant SinghBajaj Auto takes serious action against the malicious post on Facebook
- 2015-08-24 11:13:30Prashant SinghTwin-cylinder KTM Duke 800 spy images out
- 2015-08-27 14:09:41Prashant SinghKTM introduced the quarter-litre Duke and RC in the Indonesian market
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48Neeraj JhaGame changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2015-05-04 11:46:04Sunny SoralNo Stopping Royal Enfield - Posts Splendid YoY Sales in April 2015
- 2015-07-16 16:56:15Prashant SinghLimited Edition Royal Enfield Despatch models sold out in just 26 minutes
- 2014-03-21 17:07:38Udit VishalYamaha Introduces YZF R15 Version 2.0 in new colors
- 2014-04-28 17:27:16Syed Shiraz ShahYamaha R25 caught on road
- 2014-04-30 19:23:17Udit VishalYamaha R25 Spied again in Indonesia
- 2015-05-12 14:48:01Arjit GargYamaha YZF-R15 and YZF-R25 special editions launched in Indonesia
- 2015-09-16 12:48:50Prashant SinghYamaha MT15 spied getting tested in Thailand
- 2015-09-18 16:21:41Prashant SinghYamaha Motors India Launches the original R15 Version back again, named as YZF R15-S
- 2015-11-25 12:29:11Prashant SinghVideo - Yamaha MT-15/MT Slash to make its debut soon.
- 2016-02-12 11:24:38Prashant SinghYamaha YZF R15v3.0 cought getting tested on Indonesian roads
- 2016-02-22 11:23:30Prashant SinghYamaha introduces the YZF-R15 V2.0 in new colours and a higher price tag
- 2016-09-19 11:51:01Prashant SinghNext gen Yamaha YZF-R15 to get more power and ABS