Bike of the Week – Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R
Snapshot: Want to know ZX-14R more closely? Read on.
I don’t think I need to introduce you to ‘Kawasaki Ninja’, as it has been one of the most iconic motorcycle series of all time. The European Kawasaki website place the ZX14R in the sport-tourer category and lists accessories such as brackets for side cases and GPS. While those kawack’s of North America puts the 14R in its Supersport category and offers no such accessory. So where does the ZX14R stands? Is it a sports tourer or a supersports? Chill!! I have a lot of more information on the bike you need to first look at and then decide for yourself.
ZX14R was introduced back in 2006 when it came to replace the old ZX-12R. And in the year 2012, the bike’s displacement was upped from 1,352 cc to a massive 1,441 cc. Unless you have around INR 13 lakhs more to spend, 14R is only few horses less than the H2. The fire-breathing ZX-14R is powered from an extremely powerful 1.4-liter inline-four 1441cc engine that delivers freaking 197.3bhp to the rear wheel at 10000 rpm and 162.5 Nm of torque at 7500 rpm.
14R is equipped with a 43 mm inverted cartridge fork with adjustable preload, 18-way compression, and 15-way rebound damping at the front, while the rear section is equipped with a bottom-link Uni-Trak and gas-charged shock with adjustable preload, stepless rebound and compression damping adjustments, and adjustable ride height.
Talking about the safety part, ZX14R comes with ABS as standard on the front and rear brakes. On the rear, the stopping power comes from a single 250 mm petal disc and a two-piston caliper. While at the front, Dual floating 310 mm petal rotors, complemented by radial-mounted, four-piston calipers are fitted. It features multi-level Kawasaki’s KRTC traction-control system which makes it easy to manage those 197 horses whenever there is a need.
It is one of the world’s fastest production bike and crosses the 100km/hr mark in even less than 2.8 seconds and does 0-200km/hr sprint in near 7.9 seconds. Being one of the world fastest set of rocket on two wheels, 14R can outrun almost anything on road. 14R is electronically restricted to 186mph but with slight changes and upgrades, 14R crosses the limited speed easily. In market 14R competes directly against the Suzuki Hayabusa as both fall into the same category and even same price bracket. Hayabusa is priced at INR 15,95000 while the ZX-14R will cost you about INR 16,90000 on Indian roads. What is your take on ZX-14R? Will you choose the ZX-14R or the Hayabusa? Is there anything you would like the new ZX-14R to feature? Hit us with everything you think about ZX-14R in the comment section below and don’t forget to watch the exclusive ZX-14R video below.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-10 12:14:46Arjit Garg4 Cylinders, 250cc bike! Sounds crazy? Read what Kawasaki is planning
- 2014-09-17 14:47:44Arjit GargFirst action video of Kawasaki H2 launched
- 2014-09-19 12:42:16BikePortal TeamNinja H2 specs leaked!
- 2014-09-19 18:01:59Arjit Garg2015 Kawasaki Ninja lineup revealed
- 2014-09-30 14:28:22Arjit GargSuperbike or Spaceship? Ninja H2 images leaked
- 2014-09-30 15:55:01Arjit GargVideo- Ninja H2 finally launched
- 2015-04-03 16:58:10Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja H2 launched in India at INR 29 lakhs
- 2015-09-03 16:30:24Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja 1000 to be equipped with Slipper Clutch and ABS technology
- 2015-09-08 12:12:59Prashant SinghThe new H2 based Ninja ZX-10R to be unveiled at the EICMA 2015
- 2015-09-11 11:26:22Prashant SinghVideo: Kawasaki Ninja H2 V/S Buggati Veyron
- 2015-10-09 12:16:16Prashant SinghKawasaki Reveals the 2016 ZX-10R in Spain
- 2015-10-26 12:37:03Prashant SinghKawasaki Teases new color on Ninja H2 via promotional video
- 2015-11-06 11:15:46Prashant SinghSo the Special Edition Ninja 300 is here!
- 2015-11-26 11:03:52Prashant SinghK Rajini grabs the first position at the Malaysia Superbike Championship
- 2015-11-30 11:11:17Prashant SinghKawasaki to soon introduce the 2016 ZX-10R in India
- 2015-12-16 18:42:40Prashant SinghThe 2016 Ninja ZX-14R to make 10bhp less than the present model
- 2016-02-15 12:11:05Prashant SinghCheck out the limited edition Ninja 250 introduced by Kawasaki in Indonesia
- 2016-03-09 16:12:45Prashant SinghThe 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R units recalled over bracket bolts issue
- 2016-04-26 17:13:08Prashant SinghMeet the new Evolution Line Carbon exhaust by Akrapovic