BMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
Snapshot: This indicates BMW will offer the G310R in some of the ASEAN countries having good market for small segment motorcycles!
The iconic German auto maker partnered with the Indian motorcycle brand, TVS Motors, to begin its innings in India and at this year’s Auto Expo BMW Motorrad showcased their first product made in partnership with TVS, the G310R which made it difficult for the audience to keep their jaws from falling. And now BMW has displayed their made in India product, the G310R at the 37th Bangkok International Motor Show. With it BMW has shown indication of making its ASEAN debut and now it can be expected that BM will offer the G310R to some ASEAN countries which have good market for small capacity motorcycles.
Talking about the bike, it packs a 313cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine that is good enough to deliver a healthy 34bhp of max power at 9500rpm and has a peak torque of 28Nm that comes at 7500rpm. This engine comes mated to a 6-speed transmission and has an output that sits right in between the 200 and 390 Duke from KTM. When launched in India it will face serious competition from motorcycles like the KTM 390 Duke, Benelli TNT 300 and Kawasaki Z250.
Being designed & developed fully in house by BMW, the company has made sure to make it as exclusive as they can by giving it some of the features like heated grips, standard dual channel ABS. The front gets a single-disc brake with radially bolted 4-piston fixed caliper and a front disc diameter of 300 mm. On the other hand braking at the rear is done by a 2-piston floating caliper in conjunction with a 240 mm brake disc. The bike gets a full LCD display that shows all the necessary information to the rider with excellent clarity.
We think you'd like...
- 2016-02-09 10:59:11 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22 Neeraj Jha TVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-04-28 14:08:05 Neeraj Jha TVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06 Neeraj Jha Video: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-05-23 12:24:18 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10 Prashant Singh BMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13 Neeraj Jha BMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22 Neeraj Jha BMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03 Neeraj Jha Optional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-21 13:33:10 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06 Prashant Singh BMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017