BMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
Snapshot: BMW Motorrad is also expected to sell its CBU units at the dealership as well.
After many speculation and anticipation, the BMW Boss, Stefan Schaller, the president and CEO of BMW Motorrad has finally confirmed that the Company will officially start it operation in India by October 2016, followed by the sales of its entry-level naked-street bike, G 310 R in the same month. This upcoming 313cc bike has been specially developed by the German Motorrad and will be locally manufactured by TVS Motor Company's new assembly line within its Hosur plant.
This entry level bike has a powerful 313cc, water-cooled, 4-stroke, single cylinder engine that could produce a maximum power of 33.53bhp at 9,500 rpm and a peak torque of 28Nm at 7,500 rpm. Its engine will be mated to 6-speed transmission and comes with a company claim a top speed of 145 kmph. Moreover, BMW G 310R also sports-cast aluminium wheels with 110/70 R17 front and 150/60 R17 rear tyre.
When launched, it will rival against the likes of KTM Duke 390, Kawasaki Z250 and Benelli TNT 300. Since it will be manufactured locally, we expect the company to put an aggressive price tag of somewhere between Rs 2.20 lakh to 2.50 lakh. And if it is priced correctly, it will create a massive stir in domestic market.
We think you'd like...
- 2016-02-09 10:59:11 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
- 2016-03-31 12:08:41 Prashant Singh BMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22 Neeraj Jha TVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-04-28 14:08:05 Neeraj Jha TVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06 Neeraj Jha Video: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10 Prashant Singh BMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13 Neeraj Jha BMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22 Neeraj Jha BMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03 Neeraj Jha Optional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-21 13:33:10 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06 Prashant Singh BMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017