Hyundai Motors India sells the most number of cars after Maruti Suzuki in the country. The manufacturer is known for its fluidic designs and comfortable interiors. Almost every car of Hyundai has brought success to the manufacturer without failure. Amongst some of them, Hyundai Elite i20 has been doing extremely well in terms of sales. However, the competition that the car faces is also stiff. In the segment, there are many other hatchbacks that compete neck to neck with Hyundai Elite i20. Nissan Micra is one of the car that competes with the i20 Elite for space. Both the hatchback are offered with petrol and diesel engine options along with them the car also get impressive looks and spacious interiors. The detailed specification sheet of Hyundai Elite i20 Vs Nissan Micra below will help you understand the specifications of the top variants in detail.
Hyundai Elite i20 Safety vs. Nissan Micra Safety
- Number of Airbags24
- Engine ImmobilizerYesYes
- Parking AssistanceYes, Rear sensors with cameraYes, Rear sensors with camera
- Child Safety LocksYesYes
- Door Ajar WarningYesYes
- Central LockingYesYes
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)YesYes
- EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution)NoYes
Hyundai Elite i20 Exterior vs. Nissan Micra Exterior
- Front Fog LightsYesYes
- Rear Wash / WiperYesYes
- Rear DefoggerYesYes
- ORVMs (Outside Rear-view Mirrors)Internal adjustment-Electric with foldingInternal adjustment-Electric with folding
- Turn Indicators on ORVMsYesYes
Hyundai Elite i20 Interior vs. Nissan Micra Interior
- Power WindowsAll WindowsAll Windows
- Power SteeringElectric Power, YesElectric Power, Yes
- Instrument ConsoleAnalog + DigitalAnalog + Digital
- Multifunction DisplayYesYes
- Adjustable Steering ColumnYes, Rake, ReachYes, Rake
- Multifunction Steering WheelYesYes
- Sun VisorDriver & Front PassengerDriver & Front Passenger
- Seat Height AdjustmentManual AdjustmentManual Adjustment
- Start / Stop ButtonYesYes
Hyundai Elite i20 Comfort vs. Nissan Micra Comfort
- Navigation SystemNoNo
- Ventilation SystemFully automatic climate control, YesFully automatic climate control, Yes
- Automatic HeadlampsYesNo
- Boot-lid OpenerInternalInternal
- Fuel-lid OpenerInternalInternal
- 12v Power OutletYesYes
- Second Row AC VentsYesNo
- Adjustable HeadrestsYes, Front and RearYes, Front and Rear
- CD / MP3 / DVD PlayerYesYes
- FM RadioYesYes
- USB CompatibilityYesYes
- Aux-in CompatibilityYesYes
- Cup HoldersYes, Front and RearYes, Front and Rear
- Keyless EntryYes, Smart KeyYes, Smart Key
- Infotainment ScreenNoNo
Hyundai Elite i20 Instrumentation vs. Nissan Micra Instrumentation
- TachometerYes, AnalogYes, Analog
- OdometerYes, DigitalYes, Digital
- Average Fuel ConsumptionYesYes
- Average SpeedYesNo
- TripmeterYes, 2Yes
- Distance to EmptyYesNo
- Fuel GaugeYes, DigitalYes, Digital
- Engine Malfunction LightYesYes
- SpeedometerYes, AnalogYes, Analog
- Key Off ReminderYesYes
- Headlight ReminderYesYes
- Low Fuel WarningYesYes
- Fasten Seat Belt WarningYesYes
Hyundai Elite i20 Dimensions and Weights vs. Nissan Micra Dimensions and Weights
- Length3985 mm3825 mm
- Width1734 mm1665 mm
- Height1505 mm1530 mm
- Wheelbase2570 mm2450 mm
- Ground Clearance170 mm160 mm
- Kerb Weight1515 kg (Diesel) / 1066 kg (Petrol)--
- Boot Space285 litres251 litres
- Fuel Tank Capacity45 litres41 litres
Hyundai Elite i20 Body vs. Nissan Micra Body
- Seating Capacity55
- Body TypeHatchbackHatchback
Hyundai Elite i20 Engine vs. Nissan Micra Engine
- Cylinder ConfigurationIn-lineIn-line
- Cylinders44 (Diesel) / 3 (Petrol)
- Displacement1396 cc (Diesel) / 1197 cc (Petrol)1461 cc (Diesel) / 1198 cc (Petrol)
- Power (PS @ RPM)90@4000 (Diesel) / 83@6000 (Petrol)64@4000 (Diesel) / 77@6000 (Petrol)
- Torque (Nm@RPM)220@1500 (Diesel) / 115@4000(Petrol)160@2000 (Diesel) / 104@4000 (Petrol)
- TurbochargerYes (Diesel) / No (Petrol)Yes (Diesel) / No (Petrol)
- Engine LocationFront, TransverseFront, Transverse
- Fuel SystemInjectionInjection
- Emission NormBS IV g/kmBS IV g/km
- Fuel TypeDiesel / PetrolDiesel / Petrol
- ARAI Certified Mileage22.54 km/litre / 18.6 km/litre23.08 km/litre (Diesel) / 19.34 km/litre (Petrol)
Hyundai Elite i20 Transmission vs. Nissan Micra Transmission
- DrivetrainFWD (Front Wheel Drive)FWD (Front Wheel Drive)
- TypeManualManual (Diesel) / Automatic (Petrol)
- Gears6 (Diesel) / 5 (Petrol)5 (Diesel) / 5 (Petrol)
Hyundai Elite i20 Brakes/Wheels and Tyres vs. Nissan Micra Brakes/Wheels and Tyres
- Front BrakesVentilated DiscVentilated Disc
- Rear BrakesDrumDrum
- Front Tyre & Rim195/55 R16175/60 R15
- Rear Tyre & Rim195/55 R16175/60 R15
- Wheels SizeR16R15
The specification sheet has been prepared by comparing Hyundai Elite i20 Asta (Diesel) with the Nissan Micra XVP (Diesel) and Hyundai Elite i20 Asta (Petrol) with the Nissan Micra XV (Petrol). Compare full features of the cars by clicking here.
Hyundai Elite i20 Vs Micra (Design and Exteriors)
Hyundai i20 Elite is certainly amongst the pretty looking cars, which is congenial appearance in just a single glance. The fluidic body structure is a signature move of Hyundai and it is endured with class here as well. The proportions are done to perfection and provide the car a persona that stands apart from others. The front view is designed smartly, with the right amount of sophistication and sportiness. The headlights have halogen lamps with turn indicators, while the grille is augmented with chrome finish. The large air damn just below the body colored bumper is in sync. The top end trims also get fog lamps and alloy wheels. The side profile has body colored door handles and ORVMs incorporated with turn blinkers. The rear has been kept fashionable and very enamoring. The tail gate is sporty and the rear spoiler is harmonized well together. The tail lights are styled in a titillating manner, which make the appearance furthermore enhanced.
The chic and endearing exteriors are the highlighting points of Nissan Micra. The car is fixed with body colored bumpers along with huge headlamp cluster and large air dam that aids the engine to cool off quickly. The front windscreen has intermittent wipers, and fog lamps are installed in the top end variant. The higher variants also have ORVMs with turn indicators and body colored door handles. The full wheel covers enhance the exteriors to a good level thereby providing a very pleasing look to the eyes. The rear end has chrome finished company’s logo, rounded tail lights and good-sized windscreen.
Hyundai Elite i20 Vs Nissan Micra (Interiors and Features)
The Hyundai i20 Elite interiors are remarkable. The well-ventilated cabin is very impressive, while the comfort features installed here are ample in number, which makes sure that the passengers experience an incredibly comfortable and relaxing ride. The dual tone color scheme is soothing to the eye and makes the appearance of the interiors pleasing. The dashboard incorporates ample utility features. The manual air conditioning system is resourceful and cools the cabin efficiently. The multifunctional power steering wheel has audio and call controls and the Bluetooth connectivity with the music system is perfect. Four power windows are there in the top end trim along with first-class upholstery. There are additional utility features that permit the journey to become much more comfortable.
Nissan Micra has breezy and spacious cabin along with imposing interiors. The manual air conditioning is thoroughly efficient. The music system is distinguished and comes with Bluetooth connectivity in the top end variant. Accompanied by this, the music system also has USB and Aux-in support. The speakers are swelled in an evenly fashion offering a fascinating entertainment experience to the passengers. With the exception of this, the power steering wheel is mounted with audio and call controls, while the dashboard is full-size and the glove box have immense space. The sun visors are in attendance for both driver and front co-passenger along with vanity mirror. The upholstery for the seats is of premium quality, which develops the looks even more. The top end variant gets equipped with all four power windows.
Hyundai Elite i20 Vs Nissan Micra (Engine, Transmission & Gearbox)
Hyundai i20 Elite is accessible in both diesel and petrol variants. The 1.2-Litre Kappa engine with 1197cc displacement is fitted in all petrol variants. This one has the capability to produce maximum power of 83PS and 114.7Nm of torque. The engine is coupled with five-speed manual transmission. On the other hand, the diesel variant has the powerful 1396cc 1.4-Litre common rail based direct injection fuel supply system power train. The power delivery here is around 89.9PS along with 220Nm of torque. The 5-speed manual gearbox coupled with the diesel engine is fairly exhilarating.
Nissan Micra is also offered in both diesel and petrol variants. the petrol one has been equipped with 1.2-Litre 1198cc engine, which 3 cylinders and 12 valves configuration. The engine has been coupled with five-speed manual transmission that allows the car to churn out maximum power of 76PS and 104Nm torque. There is also an automatic variant of Micra, which permits the car to deliver 77PS power and 104Nm of torque. The diesel variants of Nissan Micra are done to perfection too. It has been installed with 1.5-Litre 1461cc engine, which comfortably gives away good power and torque.
Hyundai Elite i20 Vs Nissan Micra (Mileage and Safety)
Hyundai i20 Elite is implausibly fuel proficient in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol trim with 1.2-Litre MPFI fuel supply system contentedly gives away 17.19kmpl of mileage. On the other hand, the diesel trims installed with 1.4-Litre CRDi engine churns out top fuel economy of 21.19kmpl.
Nissan Micra with 1.2-Litre petrol engine gives away peak mileage of 18.44kmpl, while the automatic variants top the mileage with 19.34kmpl. The diesel variants of the car manage to give away 23.08kmpl.
In terms of safety, Hyundai i20 Elite is simplified and ensure high-quality safety for the occupants. Hyundai i20 Elite has a brawny body structure and the side impact beams adds on to the safety department of the car. Additionally, the crossover is fixed with several features, the top end trim come with central locking, day and night inside rear view mirror, dual horn, and bold headlamps, advanced engine immobilizer. On the other hand, mid range variants have rear defogger, impact sensing auto door lock, driver’s airbag, ABS, and front fog lamps accompanied by rear parking sensors. The electro-chromatic internal rear view mirror also acts as a display screen when required. The top end trim here also has automatic headlamps, dual SRS airbags, and keyless entry with smart key and clutch lock.
The safety department of Nissan Micra is decent. The body of Micra is muscular and side impact beams defends the occupants in the car. The dual SRS airbags are fixed for the driver and front co-passenger, engine immobilizer, electronic brake force distribution system, anti-lock braking system, and brake assist. The central door locking system is currently in all variants excluding the base trim. The follow me headlamps are nice, while the headlight on warning indicator, key remove warning, driver’s seat belt warning are in the top end trim of the hatchback.
Both Hyundai i20 Elite and Nissan Micra are impressive hatchbacks. However, it is the Hyundai i20 Elite which offers both the engines that are more powerful than the Micra. The Micra is a kind of car that can offer you exclusivity like no other. The car is extremely well equipped too. The only reason that might keep you from buying the car is the service network of the Nissan which is not as vast as the Hyundai.
Watch comprehensive video review of the Elite i20 below.