Maruti Suzuki India is the largest car manufacturer in the country. The manufacturer has charmed the car buyers with its line of hatchbacks, sedans and other cars alike. Maruti Swift, which was launched years back still rules the market in terms of sales. The car became a runaway success and managed to grab maximum sales numbers in the hatchback segment. The amount of competition that the car faces is immense. Out of all the contenders, Nissan Micra is another hatchback in this segment with which the Swift competes for space. The car looks exceptionally different and offers exclusivity like no other car in this segment. The specification sheet present below would help you Compare Maruti Suzuki Swift Vs Nissan Micra
Maruti Suzuki Swift Safety vs. Nissan Micra Safety
- Number of Airbags24
- Engine ImmobilizerYesYes
- Parking AssistanceYes, Rear sensorsYes, Rear sensors with camera
- Child Safety LocksYesYes
- Door Ajar WarningYesYes
- Central LockingYesYes
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)YesYes
- EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution)YesYes
Maruti Suzuki Swift Exterior vs. Nissan Micra Exterior
- Front Fog LightsYesYes
- Rear Wash / WiperYesYes
- Rear DefoggerYesYes
- ORVMs (Outside Rear-view Mirrors)Internal adjustment-Electric with foldingInternal adjustment-Electric with folding
- Turn Indicators on ORVMsYesYes
Maruti Suzuki Swift Interior vs. Nissan Micra Interior
- Power WindowsAll WindowsAll Windows
- Power SteeringElectric Power, YesElectric Power, Yes
- Instrument ConsoleAnalog + DigitalAnalog + Digital
- Multifunction DisplayYesYes
- Adjustable Steering ColumnYes, RakeYes, Rake
- Multifunction Steering WheelYesYes
- Sun VisorDriver & Front PassengerDriver & Front Passenger
- Seat Height AdjustmentManual AdjustmentManual Adjustment
- Start / Stop ButtonYesYes
Maruti Suzuki Swift Comfort vs. Nissan Micra Comfort
- Navigation SystemNoNo
- Ventilation SystemFully automatic climate control, YesFully automatic climate control, Yes
- Automatic HeadlampsYesNo
- Boot-lid OpenerManualInternal
- Fuel-lid OpenerInternalInternal
- 12v Power OutletYesYes
- Second Row AC VentsYesNo
- Adjustable HeadrestsYes, Front and RearYes, Front and Rear
- CD / MP3 / DVD PlayerYesYes
- FM RadioYesYes
- USB CompatibilityYesYes
- Aux-in CompatibilityYesYes
- Cup HoldersYes, Front and RearYes, Front and Rear
- Keyless EntryYes, Smart KeyYes, Smart Key
- Infotainment ScreenNoNo
Maruti Suzuki Swift Instrumentation vs. Nissan Micra Instrumentation
- TachometerYes, AnalogYes, Analog
- OdometerYes, DigitalYes, Digital
- Average Fuel ConsumptionYesYes
- Average SpeedNoNo
- Distance to EmptyNoNo
- Fuel GaugeYes, DigitalYes, Digital
- Engine Malfunction LightYesYes
- SpeedometerYes, AnalogYes, Analog
- Key Off ReminderNoYes
- Headlight ReminderYesYes
- Low Fuel WarningYesYes
- Fasten Seat Belt WarningYesYes
Maruti Suzuki Swift Dimensions and Weights vs. Nissan Micra Dimensions and Weights
- Length3850 mm3825 mm
- Width1695 mm1665 mm
- Height1530 mm1530 mm
- Wheelbase2430 mm2450 mm
- Ground Clearance170 mm160 mm
- Boot Space204 litres251 litres
- Fuel Tank Capacity42 litres41 litres
Maruti Suzuki Swift Body vs. Nissan Micra Body
- Seating Capacity55
- Body TypeHatchbackHatchback
Maruti Suzuki Swift Engine vs. Nissan Micra Engine
- Cylinder ConfigurationIn-lineIn-line
- Cylinders44 (Diesel) / 3 (Petrol)
- Displacement1248 cc (Diesel) / 1197 cc (Petrol)1461 cc (Diesel) / 1198 cc (Petrol)
- Power (PS @ RPM)75@4000 (Diesel) / 84.3@6000 (Petrol)64@4000 (Diesel) / 77@6000 (Petrol)
- Torque (Nm@RPM)190@2000 (Diesel) / 115@4000(Petrol)160@2000 (Diesel) / 104@4000 (Petrol)
- TurbochargerYes (Diesel) / No (Petrol)Yes (Diesel) / No (Petrol)
- Engine LocationFront, TransverseFront, Transverse
- Fuel SystemInjectionInjection
- Emission NormBS IV g/kmBS IV g/km
- Fuel TypeDiesel / PetrolDiesel / Petrol
- ARAI Certified Mileage25.2 km/litre / 20.4 km/litre23.08 km/litre (Diesel) / 19.34 km/litre (Petrol)
Maruti Suzuki Swift Transmission vs. Nissan Micra Transmission
- DrivetrainFWD (Front Wheel Drive)FWD (Front Wheel Drive)
- TypeManualManual (Diesel) / Automatic (Petrol)
- Gears5 (Diesel) / 5 (Petrol)5 (Diesel) / 5 (Petrol)
Maruti Suzuki Swift Brakes/Wheels and Tyres vs. Nissan Micra Brakes/Wheels and Tyres
- Front BrakesVentilated DiscVentilated Disc
- Rear BrakesDrumDrum
- Front Tyre & Rim185/65 R15175/60 R15
- Rear Tyre & Rim185/65 R15175/60 R15
- Wheels SizeR15R15
The specification sheet has been prepared by comparing Swift ZDi with Micra XV Diesel and Swift ZXi with Micra XV Petrol.
Maruti Swift Vs Nissan Micra (Design and Exteriors)
Maruti Swift hatchback went under a knife to get through some cosmetic changes. The radiator grille on the front has honeycomb styled mesh and chrome finished Suzuki Logo. The headlight cluster is still the same has before and come with strong and big halogen lamps and turn indicators. The bumper on the front has been revamped with the air dam has sportier look this time. Coming to the side profile of the car, alloy wheels have company badging and the mid range variants will feature steel rims with full wheel caps. The door handles and ORVMs are dipped in body color. The higher variants feature ORVMs with turn blinkers. Talking about the rear profile, the car has a concave style tail gate, which is its highlighting feature, while the rear bumper in the top end trim has parking sensors. The rear spoiler, high mounted brake light and tail light design remains the same as before.
The well-groomed and appealing exteriors are the positive points of Nissan Micra. The car has good looking body colored bumpers along with colossal headlamp cluster and large air dam that supports the engine to cool down as soon as possible. The front windscreen has intermittent wipers, and fog lamps are mounted in the top end variant to enhance the safety as well as the looks. The higher variants of the hatchback also come with outside rear view mirrors incorporated with turn indicators and body colored door handles. The full wheel covers boost the exteriors which in turn provide extremely appealing exteriors. The rear end has chrome finished company’s logo, rounded tail lights and a big windscreen.
Maruti Swift Vs Nissan Micra (Interiors and Features)
Maruti Swift interiors are updated in last facelift that it got. The car has refined and better interiors, which has improved the material quality overall. The new metallic inserts add a bit of bling to the interiors, while the upholstery for the seats is quite exquisite. The 60:40 ratio split folding rear seat increases the luggage storage in the boot, while the ample of legroom and headroom for all makes the ride in Swift extremely comfortable. Furthermore, the car comes with air conditioning system, which is strong and very efficient and the music system is equipped with Bluetooth connectivity in the top end variant. The multifunctional steering wheel in the higher trim gets audio and call controls for the driver’s comfort. The dashboard is spread in a decent manner, incorporating a huge glove box. Apart from this, the car also gets drink holders, dual front sun visors, accessory power socket and more.
Nissan Micra has cheerful and roomy cabin that leaves no chance for impressing its consumers. The manual air conditioning is methodically competent that doesn’t take up much time in cooling off the cabin. The music system is illustrious and has Bluetooth connectivity. Accompanied by this, the superior music system also has USB and Aux-in support. However, this could be found in the top end variant of the car. To make it easier for the driver, the power steering wheel is mounted with audio and call controls, and the dashboard is widespread with a good-sized glove box that has enormous space for your things. The sun visors along with vanity mirror are present with the upholstery of premium quality. Also the top end trim has been installed with all four power windows.
Maruti Swift Vs Nissan Micra (Engine, Transmission & Gearbox)
Under the bonnet, Maruti Swift will surprise you with fuel efficient engine options. The petrol variants of the car has been outfitted with the brawny and muscular 1.2-Litre K-Series engine with a displacement capacity of 1197cc. it has the ability to produce 84.3PS of power @ 6000rpm along with 115Nm of torque @ 4000rpm. On the other hand, the diesel variant of the car has been fitted with 1.3-Litre multijet engine, which is surprisingly strong and has the displacement capacity of 1248cc. The engine comfortably churns out maximum power of 75PS of power @ 4000rpm and 190Nm of torque @2000rpm. Both these engines have been coupled with five-speed manual transmission.
Nissan Micra also caters to both diesel and petrol engine consumers. The petrol variant of Micra has been equipped with 1.2-Litre (1198cc) engine that has 3 cylinders and 12 valves configuration. The engine churns out maximum power of 76PS and 104Nm torque. The automatic variant of Micra permits the car to deliver 77PS power and 104Nm of torque. The diesel variants of this cute little hatchback doesn’t disappoint too. It has been installed with 1.5-Litre (1461cc) engine, which comfortably gives away good power and torque.
Maruti Swift Vs Nissan Micra (Mileage and Safety)
Maruti Swift is counted amongst the most fuel efficient cars around. The petrol version of this hatchback with K-series engine manages to give out a good mileage of 20.4kmpl. On the other hand, the diesel one manages to take the figure to 25.2kmpl.
Nissan Micra with 1.2-Litre petrol engine gives away fuel economy of 18.44kmpl, while the automatic variants top the mileage with 19.34kmpl. The diesel variants of the car manage to deliver 23.08kmpl.
The safety department of Maruti Swift is perfect as the top end variant is loaded with tons of features. It comes with dual SRS airbags, anti-lock braking, brake assist and electronic brake force distribution system. along with this, the hatchback automatically unlocks itself in case of a collision. The car also has anti-theft system, high intensity halogen headlamps, ELR seat belts, rear parking sensors and more. The body structure of the car is strong enough to ensure the safety of the occupants to a great extend. The other features like central locking system, fog lamps, child safety locks, engine immobilizer etc are also in attendance.
The safety section of Nissan Micra is upright. The strong structure of Micra is one of the high points here. apart from this, the top end trims of Micra comes with dual SRS airbags, anti-lock brake system, electronic brake force distribution system and brake assist. this ABS and EBD makes sure that the vehicle doesn’t skid when immediate brakes are applied. also, the firm does not disappoint and has equipped the hatchback with numerous other safety traits, such as central locking system, 3-point seat belts, child safety locks, engine immobilizer, headlight on warning indicator, driver’s seat belt warning, auto touchdown button for power windows on the driver’s side and more.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift has been by far the most successful hatchbacks in its category. The Micra on the other hand has been not so popular perhaps due to the only reason that it's from Nissan. Nissan has been quietly ramping up the operations and the service network is also expanding. The Micra is a great car that comes loaded with features and can offer you exclusivity like no other car from Maruti. Go for the Micra if you prefer to stand out in the crowd.
However, if the mileage and reliability are on the top of your list, the Swift will make a worthy buy.
Watch comprehensive video review of the Maruti Swift below