The car makers find themselves in a cut throat competition with each other in India. Almost every other car company has rolled out a hatchback car that has made the competition much more tough than it used to be. The two strongest contenders here comprise of Volkswagen Polo and Hyundai Grand i10. Both are offered in diesel and petrol variants, thereby giving lot of options to the consumers. The specification sheet present below would depict the cars in details for Volkswagen Polo Vs Hyundai Grand i10 and help you choose in a better way.
Volkswagen Polo Safety vs. Hyundai Grand i10 Safety
- Number of Airbags22
- AirbagsDriver frontal airbag, Front passenger frontal airbagDriver frontal airbag, Front passenger frontal airbag
- Engine ImmobilizerYesYes
- Parking AssistanceYes, Rear sensorsYes, Rear sensors with camera
- Child Safety LocksYesYes
- Door Ajar WarningYesYes
- Central LockingYesYes
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)YesYes
- EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution)NoNo
Volkswagen Polo Exterior vs. Hyundai Grand i10 Exterior
- Front Fog LightsYesYes
- Rear Wash / WiperYesYes
- Rear DefoggerYesYes
- ORVMs (Outside Rear-view Mirrors)Internal adjustment - ElectricInternal adjustment - Electric
- Turn Indicators on ORVMsNot on OfferYes
Volkswagen Polo Interior vs. Hyundai Grand i10 Interior
- Power WindowsAll WindowsAll Windows
- Power SteeringYes, Electric PowerYes, Electric Power
- Instrument ConsoleAnalog + DigitalAnalog + Digital
- Multifunction DisplayYesYes
- Adjustable Steering ColumnYes, Rake, ReachYes, Rake
- Seats MaterialFabricFabric
- Leather Wrapped SteeringYesYes
- Multifunction Steering WheelYesYes
- Sun VisorDriver & Front PassengerDriver & Front Passenger
- Seat Height AdjustmentManual AdjustmentManual Adjustment
- Start / Stop ButtonNoYes
- Rear Center ArmrestNoNo
- ClockYes, DigitalNo
Volkswagen Polo Comfort vs. Hyundai Grand i10 Comfort
- Navigation SystemNoNo
- Ventilation SystemYes, Fully automatic climate controlManual Air conditioning with cooling and heating
- Automatic HeadlampsNoNo
- Boot-lid OpenerInternal, With RemoteInternal, With Remote
- Fuel-lid OpenerPush to OpenInternal
- 12v Power OutletYesYes
- Second Row AC VentsYesNo
- Adjustable HeadrestsYes, All RowsYes, Second Row
- CD / MP3 / DVD PlayerYesYes
- FM RadioYesYes
- USB CompatibilityYesYes
- iPod CompatibilityNoNo
- Aux-in CompatibilityYesYes
- Cup HoldersYes, FrontYes, Front
- Keyless EntryYes, RemoteYes, Remote
- Cooled GloveboxNoYes
- Infotainment ScreenNoNo
Volkswagen Polo Instrumentation vs. Hyundai Grand i10 Instrumentation
- TachometerYes, AnalogYes, Analog
- OdometerYes, DigitalYes, Digital
- Average Fuel ConsumptionYesNo
- Average SpeedNoYes
- TripmeterYesYes, 2
- Distance to EmptyYesYes
- Fuel GaugeYes, DigitalYes, Analog
- Engine Malfunction LightYesYes
- SpeedometerYes, AnalogYes, Analog
- Key Off ReminderNoYes
- Headlight ReminderNoNo
- Low Fuel WarningYesYes
- Fasten Seat Belt WarningYesYes
Volkswagen Polo Dimensions and Weights vs. Hyundai Grand i10 Dimensions and Weights
- Length3971 mm3765 mm
- Width1682 mm1660 mm
- Height1469 mm1520 mm
- Wheelbase2469 mm2425 mm
- Ground Clearance165 mm165 mm
- Kerb Weight1158 kg (Diesel) / 1066 kg (Petrol)--
- Boot Space280 litres256 litres
- Fuel Tank Capacity45 litres43 litres
Volkswagen Polo Body vs. Hyundai Grand i10 Body
- Seating Capacity55
- Body TypeHatchbackHatchback
Volkswagen Polo Engine vs. Hyundai Grand i10 Engine
- Cylinder ConfigurationIn-lineIn-line
- Displacement1396 cc (Diesel) / 1198 cc (Petrol)1120 cc (Diesel) / 1197 cc (Petrol)
- Power (PS @ RPM)90@4000 (Diesel) / 75@5400 (Petrol)71@4000 (Diesel) / 83@6000 (Petrol)
- Torque (Nm@RPM)230@1500-2500 (Diesel) / 110@3750 (Petrol)160@1500-2750 (Diesel) / 114@4000 (Petrol)
- Engine LocationFront, TransverseFront, Transverse
- Fuel SystemInjectionInjection
- Emission NormBS IV g/kmBS IV g/km
- Fuel TypeDiesel / PetrolDiesel / Petrol
- ARAI Certified Mileage20.14 km/litre (Diesel) / 16.47 km/litre (Petrol)24 km/litre (Diesel) / 18.9 km/litre (Petrol)
Volkswagen Polo Transmission vs. Hyundai Grand i10 Transmission
- DrivetrainFWD (Front Wheel Drive)FWD (Front Wheel Drive)
- Gears5 (Diesel) / 5 (Petrol)5 (Diesel) / 5 (Petrol)
Volkswagen Polo Brakes/Wheels and Tyres vs. Hyundai Grand i10 Brakes/Wheels and Tyres
- Front BrakesVentilated DiscVentilated Disc
- Rear BrakesDrumDrum
- Front Tyre & Rim185/60R15165/65R14
- Rear Tyre & Rim185/60R15175/65R14
The specification sheet has been prepared by comparing Polo Highline Petrol with Grand i10 Asta (O) Petrol and Polo Highline Diesel with Grand i10 Asta (O) Diesel. Compare full features of the cars by clicking here.
Volkswagen Polo Vs Hyundai Grand i10 (Design and Exteriors)
Volkswagen Polo showcases the hard work of Volkswagen’s design engineers and made it look very charming from every possible angle. The front of the car has big halogen headlights with a shape that goes in sync with the overall style of the car. The fog lamps can be seen in higher variants and the dual beam facility is accessible in all variants excluding the base trim Trendline. The grille has chrome accents on the grille and the body colored bumper is good-looking. The 15 inches alloy wheels are there in the top trim, while 14 inches alloys are in Comfortline variant. Side profile has been kept simplified with body colored door handles and ORVMs with sleek and chic turn blinkers. The rear has a perfect brew of sophistication and sportiness. The tail lights are nice and the LED high mounted stop lamp are standard features.
The exteriors of Hyundai Grand i10 are impressive. The Fluidic body structure continues to astound here as well. The fabulous frontage has wraparound styled headlights along with the radiator grille with chrome inserts. The wide air dam gives enough space for the air to cool off quickly. The bonnet is smooth and the body colored bumper is accompanied by some prominent character lines. The side profile of the higher variants of Grand i10 comes with body colored ORVMs incorporated with turn indicators, and door handles also dipped in body color. The 14 inches diamond cut alloy wheels are smart and graces under the wheel arches with pride. The rear of Grand i10 is inspiring with the chic taillights, sporty rear spoiler and chrome badge.
Volkswagen Polo Vs Hyundai Grand i10 (Interiors and Features)
The interiors of Volkswagen Polo are plush and luxuriant. As soon as you enter the hatchback, the huge dash along with beige color theme takes away the show. The airy and spacious appearance is another high point of its interiors. The plastic materials used here are scratch resistant and storage spaces are in abundance. The comfort features here comprise of front power windows in the base variants, all four power windows in the top trim. The infotainment section has been endowed with Mp3/CD player with aux-in and USB support. The Bluetooth connectivity is present in the top end variant only. To add on to this, the car also comes with rear parking sensors, speed sensing auto door lock, big glove box, sun visors with vanity mirrors, remote fuel lid and boot opener etc. The manual air conditioning system cools down the cabin in minutes.
Hyundai Grand i10 interiors are no less than Polo. The company has made the cabin spacious and very airy. The air conditioning system is strong and has the capacity to cool down the car in just few minutes. The music system is smart and has Bluetooth connectivity in the top end variant. The 1 GB internal memory here is the perk along with Aux-in and USB support. The steering wheel is multifunctional and has call and audio buttons mounted on it. The other utility features of Grand i10 comprise of power windows, sun visors with vanity mirrors, 12V power socket, multi information display, height adjustable driver’s seat, adjustable front head restraints, glove box, and more.
Volkswagen Polo Vs Hyundai Grand i10 (Engine, Transmission & Gearbox)
Volkswagen Polo is accessible in diesel and petrol engine alternatives. The petrol variant of Polo is operational with 1.2-Litre 1198cc petrol motor. This one has an arrangement of 3-cylinders and 12 valves. It has the ability to deliver power output of 75PS along with generating torque of 110Nm. on the diesel front, there are two choices. The GT variants have a strong and proficient 1498cc motor that produces 105PS power and 250Nm torque. The 1.5Litre TDI motor has 1498cc displacement. It fabricates peak power of 90Ps and 230Nm torque. Both the engines are joined with five speed manual transmission.
Hyundai i10 Grand exists in diesel and petrol engine options. The petrol model has 1.2-Litre Kappa engine with 1197cc displacement. This sturdy motor has the ability to agitate maximum power of 82.9PS and 114.7Nm of torque. Being mated with five-speed manual transmission, the engine delivers great performance on road. On the other hand, the Grand i10 diesel variant with 1.1-Litre (1120cc) common rail based direct injection fuel supply system motor gets 71PS power & 159Nm of torque. The five-speed manual transmission is amalgamated with the engine. The bi-fuel option with 1.0-Litre in Grand i10 is a smart move by the firm. It produces 67PS power along with 90.02Nm of torque in LPG mode and 69PS power and 92.18Nm torque in petrol mode.
Polo Vs Grand i10 (Mileage and Safety)
Volkswagen Polo delivers magnificent mileage figures. The petrol variants have a fuel economy of 16.47kmpl. On the other hand, the GT trims in diesel delivers 19.91kmpl of mileage and the models with 1.5-Litre turbocharged direct injection fuel supply brings in a prominent mileage figure of 22kmpl.
Hyundai i10 Grand is fuel proficient. The petrol trim that is equipped with 1.2-Litre MPFI fuel supply system delivers 17.19kmpl of mileage. On the other hand, the diesel ones that has 1.1-Litre diesel engine delivers peak mileage of 24kmpl. The LPG variant gives away 18.9km/kg of fuel economy.
Volkswagen Polo is incorporated with numerous safety traits, which ascertain the safety of the car and occupants. The top end variant of Polo has fog lamps (front and rear), 3-point seat belts for the front seats, dual SRS airbags, electronic brake force distribution system, anti-lock braking system and brake assist and anti-pinch power windows. Plus, engine immobilizer, speed sensing auto door locks, central locking system, etc, are also in attendance as the standard safety features.
Hyundai i10 Grand hatchback has been blessed with safety aspects that don’t fail to impress the consumer. Hyundai Grand i10 comes with central locking system, day and night internal rear view mirror engine immobilizer, and key less entry function. The above mentioned features are standard, while the top end trims has been endowed with several other elevated safety features like fog lamps, Anti-Lock Braking system, reverse parking sensors and dual SRS airbags and brake assist.
Hyundai Grand i10 was a runaway success; on the other hand, Polo was immensely sucessful too. The comparison is indeed close. However, the price of Volkswagen Polo is higher and the bi-fuel variant available in Hyundai Grand i10 helps it to keep an upper hand in this section. Also, fuel economy figures of Grand i10 are impressive, thereby making it a better package overall.
However, if you want that impressive performance and are willing to shell some extra cash, you can go for the Polo GT. It is more performance oriented and would put a big smile on your face every time you drive it.
You may want to watch comprehensive video review of the Volkswagen Polo below