Ducati not to sell the Scrambler Sixty2 in India
Snapshot: India being a good, growing market for sub 500cc motorcycles, our biking aficionados were quite sure that Scrambler Sixty2 will make way to us. But sadly it wonвЂ™t.
A heartbreaking news for everyone dreaming to buy the new 400cc Ducati Scrambler in India. It is now confirmed that Ducati will not be introducing the bike in the Indian market. Unless the Italian manufacturer decides to make huge changes in the business plans, the bike will not be heading to India. The bike was unveiled recently at the EICMA motorshow and with it came a hope that Ducati will soon launch the same in the Indian market as well. India being a good, growing market for sub 500cc motorcycles, our biking aficionados were quite sure that Scrambler Sixty2 will make way to us.
According to a report on the Overdrive official website, this decision came in because of the pricing factor. The Italian manufacturer doesn’t have any manufacturing or assembling plant in the country. So the only option is to import it as a completely built unit from the Thailand facility. Apart from that, the homologation process would cost the company quite an amount which would be transferred to the customers. Result a slight gap between 400 and 800 Scrambler that is certainly not healthy for the business. The Scrambler Sixty2 shares more or less the same dimensions with the elder 800cc Scrambler, propelling a smaller 400cc L-twin instead of the Monster 796-sourced 803cc L-twin. The engine churns out good 41bhp and instead of front USDs, the bike is equipped with telescopic front forks. Currently the Scrambler 800 retails at INR 6.78 lakh (Ex-Showroom, Delhi), if Scrambler 400 was on its way to India it would have been placed somewhere in between 5 lakh to 6 lakh price bracket (which is not the case anymore).
We think you'd like...
- 2015-04-13 10:51:15Prashant SinghDirt Track concept of the Ducati Scrambler
- 2015-04-23 10:39:55Prashant SinghDucati starts Scrambler bookings at INR 50,000
- 2015-05-26 18:11:17Sunny SoralDucati Scrambler SC-Rumble by Ducati- Pirelli is for the Mad Max world!!
- 2015-06-09 15:55:37Sunny SoralNow Oberdan Bezzi Conceptualises a Scrambler Baja Racer!
- 2015-07-03 11:34:27Prashant SinghThe First Ducati Scrambler dedicated dealership now open in Italy
- 2015-10-16 11:08:32Prashant SinghIs Ducati planning to unveil a Scrambler 400 at the EICMA?
- 2015-10-23 11:53:46Prashant SinghDucati releases a comic strip badged as 'Presented by Scrambler'
- 2015-11-06 12:41:00Sunny SoralIs this the Ducati Scrambler 400 we are waiting for?
- 2015-11-17 10:59:51Sunny SoralEICMA 2015 - Video - Ducati drops in a Bombshell, Scrambler 400 has arrived!
- 2015-11-17 11:35:10Prashant SinghDucati Scrambler Urban Enduro launched in India at INR 7.99
- 2015-11-17 12:10:31Sunny SoralEICMA 2015 - Ducati Scrambler Flat Track Pro - for the Racer Rebel in you!
- 2015-12-08 16:44:19Abhijeet SinghDucati showcases the Limited Edition Scrambler Italia
- 2016-02-16 12:49:37Prashant SinghDucati indicates the making of 1100cc Scrambler