Exclusive: Mahindra Gusto 125cc could launch next month; Mahindra Mojo expected, too
Snapshot: Is the Gusto 125cc launching in May alongwith the Mojo?
Mahindra Two Wheelers is likely to launch two new products next month, first being a larger capacity version of the Gusto scooter while the other could be the hugely awaited Mahindra Mojo.
In line with earlier news reports that have claimed that Mahindra has been working on a 125cc version of the Gusto, our dealer contacts have confirmed that the company is planning a launch next month. Although details are scarce at the moment, the Gusto 125 will be available in different body colours/graphics as compared to the current version, at the very least, confirms our source. One can expect all the features from the top end Gusto 110HX to come in all variants of the upcoming Gusto 125 and we will not be surprised to see more first in class features on the Gusto 125.
What won't change are the scooter's features that help it stand out among its peers: Immobilizer with remote key, and more importantly, the height-adjustable seat. As for the engine, the company could also opt for using the same engine as found on the Rodeo and Duro. Pricing will be crucial, with Suzuki Swish 125 priced at 49,638 INR , and Honda Activa 125 priced in the range of 55000 to 61000 INR
What interests us more is the fact that our dealer source also said that the Mojo might just finally see the day of light and gets launched in the country this May itself. The bike over what feels like an eternity has been spied in various forms and in recent months has been spotted without any camouflage and in a complete production form. All this has been signaling towards an imminent launch and now our source reporting it sort of helps us in connecting the dots.
The Mojo will arrive with a Single Cylinder powered by a 295 cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine that produces 27bhp and 25Nm of torque. Stay with us as we keep you Updated!
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-20 17:56:05Divyanshu BooraHow far or close is Mahindra Mojo to us?
- 2014-05-26 22:54:10Udit VishalMahindra planning export of US made Genze to other markets
- 2014-10-21 16:03:38Sunny SoralSpied: Mahindra Mojo no longer Shy, comes out in Black!!
- 2014-10-22 14:48:35Arjit GargMahindra Mojo spied testing in Ladakh
- 2015-02-10 14:16:36Sunny SoralMahindra Mojo - Another Day Another Set of Spy Shots
- 2015-06-29 11:22:21Prashant SinghMahindra Mojo to be launched in next two months
- 2015-09-25 15:09:52Prashant SinghMahindra to Launch Mojo in Mid-October
- 2015-10-06 10:37:08Prashant SinghMahindra Two Wheelers to launch Mojo on 16th this month.
- 2015-10-15 15:20:08Prashant SinghMahindra Mojo launched at an introductory price of INR 1.58 Lakh
- 2015-11-20 17:41:42Prashant SinghMahindra hikes the price on Mojo by INR 5000
- 2015-12-01 18:31:19Prashant SinghMahindra Two Wheelers sells 19,088 units in the month of November
- 2016-01-06 11:37:46Prashant SinghMahindra Two Wheelers suffers 9.91 per cent decline in sales for December 2015
- 2016-03-18 18:30:13Prashant SinghMahindra Mojo now available in 15 more Indian cities
- 2016-05-25 17:46:18Neeraj JhaVideo: Mahindra invites you to join the Mojo Tribe
- 2016-07-20 16:48:36Neeraj JhaRannvijay Singh Joins the first ever Mahindra Mojo Trail