Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India Pvt. Ltd., Launched their latest offering in the highly contested 150cc-180cc segment of power commuters and here's everything you would want to know about it.
The Launch -
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd (HMSI) rides in a wave of joy, entering the year 2016 with the all-new CB Hornet 160R. Developed around the young and progressive youth, the CB Hornet 160R promises aggressive sporty design, a smooth powerful engine and advanced technology. Known and admired for its supreme reliability and fuel efficient motorcycle technology, Honda has always been at the forefront of the industry when it comes to bulletproof engineering. And this new CB Hornet 160R will carry the legacy forward with a great looking and one of the most powerful motorcycles in its category.
Aimed towards the modern generation that wants something stylish and powerful, the CB Hornet 160R is highly robust and fuel efficient too for daily use. The motorcycle stands ahead of all its competition with Honda’s age old technical know-how gone in for its development. The launch took place just as the year 2015 is coming to an end and is poised to bring prospective customers an attractive buying option at hand in the coming New Year. Also, for the first time, Honda has launched an android app simply titled ‘CB Hornet 160R’. No hassle, no going to the dealership, Honda has designed the application for customers to experience their new CB Hornet 160R sitting at home. What’s more, the bike is available for booking exclusively through the application.
The Bike -
• Design and Equipment: As the CB Hornet 160R buyer is a young customer from the advanced generation, the motorcycle too has been designed to keep up with urban lifestyle. The appearance points towards the sporty nature and riding dynamics of the new bike. The sharp headlight paired with the forward leaning tank shrouds lends a beastly character. The carbon-like tank cover and complete digital instrumentation boasts the fact that this is a premium product. The tail lamp is x-shaped exuding a rakish appeal, and is made of bright LEDs informing the bikes presence from a longer distance. Exhaust muffler is a short can is not only a critical design element, but minimises un-sprung weight and brings the centre of gravity towards the middle of the bike increasing its stability and usability. The CB Hornet 160R also comes equipped with a wide 140mm tyre enhancing it looks and providing superior grip.
• Engine and Performance: With the highest power generation from its 163cc single cylinder engine in its entire segment, the CB Hornet 160R becomes the obvious choice for somebody looking for that extra oomph from their machine. Honda’s engineers have tuned the engine to provide enough low-end torque to potter around the city at a steady pace and minimal gear changes.
Specially designed to deliver good low end torque, the advanced engine also achieves a compression ratio of 10:1, delivering the right punch of power. Further, the CB Hornet 160R’s engine is equipped with a counter balancer to reduce the vibrations produced in engine. It delivers a smooth acceleration from low RPM to high RPM. Powered by the revolutionary HET (Honda Eco Technology) which is BSIV compliant, the long stroke engine is tuned to deliver extra torque & super mileage.
The smooth power delivery maxes out at 14.4bhp and 14.1Nm of beefy peak torque. No need to drop a gear to zip past slower traffic, just twist the throttle and the responsive engine let you overtake with absolute ease. More power means better acceleration which in turn enhances the entire riding experience. The CB Hornet 160R has more power than any of its existing competitors thus making it the most compelling buy in the segment. Honda’s patented HET (Honda Eco Technology) in the CB Hornet 160R optimises fuel burning inside the combustion chamber thus ensuring power extraction from the tiniest ounce of petrol in the cleanest and most efficient way.
This enables the CB Hornet 160R to return a fuel efficiency figure of 55kmpl on a combined urban highway run. And also technologies like these result in lower emission gases and giving this motorcycle a BS-IV rating. Even when compared to its immediate competitors, the CB Hornet 160R wins the power, efficiency and emission scale by a considerable margin. All the data has been conveniently provided on the model application.
• Ergonomics and Suspension: Rider comfort being of utmost importance, Honda’s development team has spent a lot of time studying various rider dimensions. The handlebar angle, seat and foot-peg position have been designed to provide minimum strain enabling comfortable and long saddle times on the CB Hornet 160R. Suspension absorbs bumpy and uneven surfaces with ease. Long wheelbase and stiff chassis keep the motorcycle on intended riding lines thus increasing safety.
• Safety Technologies: Already a hit with the motorcycle world, Honda’s cutting-edge Combi Brake System makes its entry in the mainstream segment on the CB Hornet 160R. Customers opting for the CBS will experience a safer and sure-footed ride experience. This coupled with the wider tyres ensures shorter stopping distances. The brake discs too have been sculpted into petal shape for better heat dissipation on continual use. This means the brakes are fade-free and you get the desired braking whenever you desire.
• Reliability: Honda as a brand is extremely well known for durable products. The new CB Hornet comes with a viscous air filter that ensures longer replacement durations of up to 18,000km. Wide tyres equipped are tubeless which avoids instant punctures and increases tyre life. These along with a maintenance-free battery means a rider shells out a lot less money on the vehicle maintenance as against competitor products. So be it every day college/office commute, or occasional highway journeys, or a weekend joy ride in the outskirts, the Honda CB Hornet 160R lets you clock as many kilometres as you can ODO without worrying about maintenance costs.
The mono shock suspension helps in maintaining the centre of gravity while a wider turning angle helps CB Hornet 160R to easily manoeuvre through busy city roads. Further improvisations like a longer wheelbase, short turning radius and optimum ground clearance allows the rider to easily navigate through the bad roads with peace of mind.
Booking Application -
• Yetagain Honda introduces another industry-first with the new android booking application for the new CB Hornet 160R. This radical new application lets you experience, choose, compare and book your new motorcycle through your android device. So no visiting the dealership, no calling customer care, just download the application and all the details are available at your fingertips.
• Getting started: All a customer needs is a cell-phone or tablet running android as its operating system. Open Google Play Store and download the CB Hornet 160R application. The user needs to enter a few details and mobile number. An OTAP is immediately sent to the device that needs to be entered to the application that clears one to use the application.
Application features -
• Features and Specifications: This fast and easy application enables an interested buyer to experience the entire motorcycle on the device itself. All the colours, specifications and features about the motorcycle are spread out in legible graphical interface.
• Gallery and 360 view: Weather its action or static, customers may view the CB Hornet 160R in detail through a swipe high quality gallery. The entire bike can be rotated and seen from all possible angles by using the 360 degree tool.
• Engine Sound:Tap the engine start button and the engine comes to life. Another button lets you use accelerator and listen to the refined engine note of the CB Hornet 160R. The horn too may be used if you wish to.
• Comparison Tool: Another issue while buying a new motorcycle can be comparing it against similar products. Honda has addressed the issue by conveniently allowing users to compare specs and features of competitor products.
• Booking: After selecting a colour of choice, all that remains is for customer to check the price and book their new CB Hornet 160R through the application. An amount of Rs 5,000 is requested at the time of booking. These details are then forwarded to your nearest dealer who shall be taking the transaction forward.
• With an overwhelming response of nearly 35,000 downloads, Honda has expanded the availability of bookings from the initial 21 cities to 53.
• LINK FOR APP - http://bit.ly/CBHornet160R-App
• Additionally, you can also check out the CB Hornet 160R at http://bit.ly/CBHornet160R