Hero HX250R spied completely undisguised for the first time
Snapshot: Hero Motocorp. Showcased the HX250R for the first time at the AutoExpo 2014 along with Hastur 620 and couple of other concepts. HX250R is based on 249cc fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, four-valve engine which churns out around 32bhp of power and 26Nm of torque.
Earlier this year EBR filed for bankruptcy darkening Hero’s future products which were being developed with EBR’s technical assistance. On July 25-26th came news of Hero buying EBR assets giving hope to Hero’s future line-up. Recently our friends at Gaadiwaadi.com posted few pictures of a completely undisguised Hero HX250R. The motorcycle was spied without any camouflage and zero graphics.
The quarter-litre segment is heating up in the country but as seen in the recent time manufactures are drifting away from this segment as Kawasaki Ninja 250 was succeeded by Ninja 300 and instead of R25, R3 was launched in India. So the direct competitor if left for HX250R is none other than Honda CBR250R.
For all of those who doesn’t know, Hero Motocorp. Showcased the HX250R for the first time at the AutoExpo 2014 along with Hastur 620 and couple of other concepts. HX250R is based on 249cc fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, four-valve engine which churns out around 32bhp of power and 26Nm of torque. Recently launched Yamaha YZF-R3 lacks the ABS feature and if Hero manages to equip their quarter-litre offering with ABS then it can surely turn to be a big advantage for Hero. Talking about the pricing, Hero might place this bike in a price bracket of INR 1.5 – 1.8 lakh to compete fiercely against Honda CBR250R. We can assume that Hero will be planning to launch this quarter-litre monster anywhere near Diwali this year.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-05 15:16:57 Vidyadhar Sharma Hero HX250R not launching in November 2014 in India
- 2014-10-18 16:13:07 Arjit Garg Hero files patent for EBR 250 in Europe
- 2014-10-27 12:11:44 Arjit Garg Exclusive- Hero HX250R video preview
- 2015-04-09 11:08:56 Prashant Singh Hero HX 250R will be equipped with dual riding modes
- 2015-04-24 13:43:50 Prashant Singh Hero confirm's the future models remains unaffected from EBR's closedown
- 2015-05-29 17:36:29 Pankaj Vig EBR bankrupt, Hero HX250R may not make it even until 2015 end
- 2016-02-16 17:50:19 Prashant Singh Hero HX250R – Specification, Top Speed, Images!