Hero MotoCorp beat Honda to become largest scooter exporter in India
Snapshot: Hero Motorcorp recorded a growth of 356.24 percent in the export figures of scooters and becomes the largest scooter exporter of India
The export figures of Hero MotoCorp just over took Honda’s to become India largest scooter exporter. As per the data figures released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), Honda is on second position after Hero Motocorp for the financial year 2014-15. Hero Motocorp shipped a total of 79,956 scooters out of the country which is comparatively more than the number of scooters exported by Honda that is 77,814. Compared to 2013-14 data, Hero Motocorp recorded an extra-ordinary growth in the export figures. The export numbers has been upped by nearly 356.24 percent for Hero Motocorp.
A total of 17,525 units were shipped out of the country last fiscal year 2013-14 and it is tiny compared to this year’s numbers. Out of all the scooters exported, Hero Maestro was the scooter in demand. Suzuki export figures are far behind any of the Hero or Honda’s number that is 5712 units in the last financial year, but a big growth is recorded in the Suzuki’s export figures as well. Suzuki went to 5712 units last year from 699 units exported in 2013-14. Yamaha India exported 6271 units in 2014-15 fiscal. Hero Motocorp has plans of adding some more scooters to the existing grid to help its export figures boost further.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-10-10 15:27:24Arjit GargHero Maestro updated with new colors and graphics
- 2015-06-10 15:13:23Prashant SinghHero Motorcorp showcases two new scooters to the dealers in Italy
- 2015-12-15 11:21:50Prashant SinghMaestro Edge becomes Hero MotoCorp's top selling scooter
- 2016-01-05 18:13:46Prashant SinghHero records 5 per cent sales drop in December 2015
- 2014-04-23 18:36:30Syed Shiraz ShahHonda Activa is now the largest selling two-wheeler in India
- 2014-06-13 13:44:14Udit VishalHonda spreads road safety awareness with Safety For Everyone sculpture
- 2014-08-22 19:06:11Divyanshu BooraHonda Activa is back on the Numero Uno spot
- 2015-04-11 12:39:45Sunny SoralScoop - 2015 Suzuki Lets with new Graphics reaches Dealerships, 49600 Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 2015-06-24 19:03:11Prashant SinghHonda Launches 2015 Activa-i and Aviator in an all new color scheme
- 2015-08-18 11:40:28Prashant SinghHonda ramps up the production of Activa to meet the growing demand
- 2015-09-25 13:36:31Prashant SinghHonda sells a Million of Activa units in last five months
- 2015-10-23 15:24:29Sunny SoralThe return of the Emperor - Hero Splendor is back as India's best selling Two -Wheeler!
- 2015-12-02 12:13:04Prashant SinghHonda Motorcycle & Scooter India saw a 12 per cent decline in November sales
- 2016-01-25 12:02:02Prashant SinghHonda conducted Maha Exchange Mela in Delhi, plans to expand the same to 10 more cities
- 2016-02-18 11:19:30Prashant SinghHonda Inaugurates their 4th Indian two-wheeler plant in Gujarat
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29Neeraj JhaTop 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-04 13:50:26Prashant SinghHMSI grows by 27 per cent in the month of April
- 2016-05-11 11:49:18Neeraj JhaHonda Motorcycle inaugurates Best Deal outlet in Secunderabad
- 2016-05-18 14:28:46Neeraj JhaHonda Motorcycle and Scooter India inks MoU with IndusInd Bank
- 2016-05-25 13:24:26Neeraj JhaNew Honda Activa-I launched at Price Rs 50,255
- 2016-06-28 11:54:26Prashant SinghHonda to increase scooter manufacturing capacity to cope up with rising demands
- 2016-07-20 14:47:10Neeraj JhaHonda Activa becomes top selling two wheeler in June 2016