Honda loosing pace in the quarter-litre segment in India
Snapshot: Honda CBR250R has fallen to 79 units from approsimately 300 units in preceding month
It would not be a surprising piece of news for most of us that Honda has been loosing its market share in the quarter-litre motorcycle segment in India. The CBR250R which had been managing to garner the sales of 300-500 units a few months back has dropped down to meager 79 units last month. Arguably, this severe fall in sales is being due to its ageing presence in the market along with several upcoming models in its segment which are due to be launched in this year.
Honda had launched the CBR250R back in 2011 in India and so far the company hasn’t given any considerable change to it, except introduction of few new color themes in this period. However, Honda has recently launched the 2014 CBR250R in Indonesia which is likely to reach the Indian market before the end of ongoing year. The new 250R sports several cosmetic changes and quite a few updates to its powertrain as well. The bike looks much more stylish with new split headlamps unit, sharply sculpted body panels and a new exhaust silencer that improves its looks further.
This new version of the CBR250R will become a potent competitor against the likes of upcoming KTM RC 200, Bajaj Pulsar 200SS, Yamaha R25 and not to forget the Hero HX250R. The bike will continue to be powered with 250cc, single-cylinder, water-cooled unit that will make it to be competitively priced against its aforementioned competitors.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-16 12:01:56 Udit Vishal Honda introduces new CBR250R in Indonesia
- 2016-04-27 14:21:01 Neeraj Jha Honda CBR250RR rendering out; launch likely by end of 2016
- 2016-06-27 12:20:14 Neeraj Jha Honda All Ladies Race: Puja Dabhi Led from Start to Finish to Clinch Victory in Round One
- 2016-07-13 15:03:36 Neeraj Jha Honda CBR250RR Teaser Video introduced
- 2016-07-22 18:20:50 Neeraj Jha Honda CBR 250RR to make debut on 25 July
- 2016-08-02 17:57:24 Neeraj Jha New 2016 Honda CBR250RR not launching in India