Honda to increase scooter manufacturing capacity to cope up with rising demands
Snapshot: The company is undoubtedly the segment king with a massive 47 per cent market share. And registering a mind boggling 25 per cent jump in the scooter sales last month simply solidifies its position.
The fact is not hidden anymore that scooter sales in Indian two-wheeler market has crossed motorcycles sales and the pace at which scooter market is booming is significantly faster than the motorcycles sales. For example, Hero Splendor has been the undisputed king in terms of over-all sales and stood at the position of number one selling two-wheeler in the country for a long time but in recent past, say 1 or 2 years, Honda Activa dethroned Hero Splendor and became the number one two-wheeler of the country. Not only this, Honda Activa out-sold Hero Splendor by 82,000 units in the span of January-May this year and that is a good number.
But with great demand comes greater manufacturing responsibility. The Japanese auto maker has a target to hitting 3.3 million units sales figure and how can it be done? Of course by growing the manufacturing power!
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) inaugurated their Gujarat based manufacturing plant dedicated only for scooters not a long time ago and this is the largest of its kind manufacturing plant not only in India but in the world. Till time, only the first line of the facility was functional and now according to recent reports, the company has started production on the second line as well. This should result in reducing the backlog from the existing 35,000 units to 28,000 units.
The company is undoubtedly the segment king with a massive 47 per cent market share. And registering a mind boggling 25 per cent jump in the scooter sales last month simply solidifies its position.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-04-23 18:36:30 Syed Shiraz Shah Honda Activa is now the largest selling two-wheeler in India
- 2014-06-13 13:44:14 Udit Vishal Honda spreads road safety awareness with Safety For Everyone sculpture
- 2014-08-22 19:06:11 Divyanshu Boora Honda Activa is back on the Numero Uno spot
- 2015-04-11 12:39:45 Sunny Soral Scoop - 2015 Suzuki Lets with new Graphics reaches Dealerships, 49600 Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 2015-04-21 11:15:04 Prashant Singh Hero MotoCorp beat Honda to become largest scooter exporter in India
- 2015-06-24 19:03:11 Prashant Singh Honda Launches 2015 Activa-i and Aviator in an all new color scheme
- 2015-08-18 11:40:28 Prashant Singh Honda ramps up the production of Activa to meet the growing demand
- 2015-09-25 13:36:31 Prashant Singh Honda sells a Million of Activa units in last five months
- 2015-10-23 15:24:29 Sunny Soral The return of the Emperor - Hero Splendor is back as India's best selling Two -Wheeler!
- 2015-12-02 12:13:04 Prashant Singh Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India saw a 12 per cent decline in November sales
- 2016-01-25 12:02:02 Prashant Singh Honda conducted Maha Exchange Mela in Delhi, plans to expand the same to 10 more cities
- 2016-02-18 11:19:30 Prashant Singh Honda Inaugurates their 4th Indian two-wheeler plant in Gujarat
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29 Neeraj Jha Top 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-04 13:50:26 Prashant Singh HMSI grows by 27 per cent in the month of April
- 2016-05-11 11:49:18 Neeraj Jha Honda Motorcycle inaugurates Best Deal outlet in Secunderabad
- 2016-05-18 14:28:46 Neeraj Jha Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India inks MoU with IndusInd Bank
- 2016-05-25 13:24:26 Neeraj Jha New Honda Activa-I launched at Price Rs 50,255
- 2016-07-20 14:47:10 Neeraj Jha Honda Activa becomes top selling two wheeler in June 2016
- 2014-04-23 18:18:25 Syed Shiraz Shah Honda launches 125 cc Activa at Rs. 62,276 (on-road, Mumbai)
- 2014-04-25 12:19:27 Udit Vishal Honda will launch the Activa 125 on 28th April in India
- 2014-04-29 18:01:45 Divyanshu Boora Honda launches Activa 125 - its first 125 cc automatic scooter in India - with price starting from Rs. 52,447
- 2015-02-10 12:16:32 Sunny Soral Spied - Yamaha Nozza Grande 125 Scooter makes its first appearance in India