Mahindra planning export of US made Genze to other markets
Snapshot: Mahindra contemplating to export its all-electric GenZe scooter from the US to other prospective markets
The Mahindra Group has recently launched its first-ever electric scooter, the GenZe, in the US, apart from inaugurating the Mahindra North American Technical Centre (MNATC) that also serves as an assembly line for the GenZe. Interestingly, the GenZe is first of its kind electric scooter in the US, as the maker says. Mahindra has high hopes from this new eco-labeled product and now the company is contemplating exporting this US made GenZe to other international markets.
“Exporting to various markets outside USA is certainly on the cards,” says Dr. Pawan Goenka, executive director and president – automotive and farm equipment sectors, M&M.
Also Read: Mahindra unveiled Genze electric scooter in the US
The US facility can assemble 9,000 GenZes in a year, which can be increased upto 20,000 units as per demand. With the Genze, Mahindra is focusing on how to grab a good share of buyers who are young and want a light eco-friendly scooter for urban commuting. The GenZe can cover upto 50 kilometers with one fully-charged battery and is capable of going upto a 50 kmph top speed. Loaded with some first-in-the-segment features, the GenZe is expected to reach the US outlets with a price tag of 3000 US dollars.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-20 17:56:05 Divyanshu Boora How far or close is Mahindra Mojo to us?
- 2014-10-21 16:03:38 Sunny Soral Spied: Mahindra Mojo no longer Shy, comes out in Black!!
- 2014-10-22 14:48:35 Arjit Garg Mahindra Mojo spied testing in Ladakh
- 2015-02-10 14:16:36 Sunny Soral Mahindra Mojo - Another Day Another Set of Spy Shots
- 2015-04-29 16:02:17 Sunny Soral Exclusive: Mahindra Gusto 125cc could launch next month; Mahindra Mojo expected, too
- 2015-06-29 11:22:21 Prashant Singh Mahindra Mojo to be launched in next two months
- 2015-09-25 15:09:52 Prashant Singh Mahindra to Launch Mojo in Mid-October
- 2015-10-06 10:37:08 Prashant Singh Mahindra Two Wheelers to launch Mojo on 16th this month.
- 2015-10-15 15:20:08 Prashant Singh Mahindra Mojo launched at an introductory price of INR 1.58 Lakh
- 2015-11-20 17:41:42 Prashant Singh Mahindra hikes the price on Mojo by INR 5000
- 2015-12-01 18:31:19 Prashant Singh Mahindra Two Wheelers sells 19,088 units in the month of November
- 2016-01-06 11:37:46 Prashant Singh Mahindra Two Wheelers suffers 9.91 per cent decline in sales for December 2015
- 2016-03-18 18:30:13 Prashant Singh Mahindra Mojo now available in 15 more Indian cities
- 2016-05-25 17:46:18 Neeraj Jha Video: Mahindra invites you to join the Mojo Tribe
- 2016-07-20 16:48:36 Neeraj Jha Rannvijay Singh Joins the first ever Mahindra Mojo Trail