New 2016 Honda CBR250RR not launching in India
Snapshot: The new Honda CBR250RR is a fully faired 250cc motorcycle with two-cylinders
Putting all speculations and rumours to rest about the new Honda CBR 250 RR motorcycle launching in India, Overdrive reports that the Senior Vice President (Sales & Marketing), HMSI, Mr. Yadvinder Guleria, has confirmed that this 250cc entry level motorcycle will not be available for sale in the domestic market. The struggling sales number of the CBR250R in India had led to the assumption of the launch of its more powerful and sports oriented sibling.
It is the first CBR motorcycle to receive 2-cylinder engine on ‘RR’ moniker, it also the smallest capacity Honda motorcycle to wear a CBR-RR badge. According to Honda, "attentions to detail in functional components give the Light Weight Super Sports a quality beyond its class, indicating the design direction of Honda's next generation lightweight super sports models.
Mechanically, it is powered by 249.7cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, 8-valve, DOHC, parallel-twin engine that is mated to 6-speed constant mesh transmission. Honda has not yet unveiled the power output of the motorcycle, but since it has redline at 14,000rpm, we think its engine should be powerful enough to produce somewhere between 36-38bhp along with 28-30Nm of torque.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-16 12:01:56 Udit Vishal Honda introduces new CBR250R in Indonesia
- 2014-05-30 22:33:39 Udit Vishal Honda loosing pace in the quarter-litre segment in India
- 2016-04-27 14:21:01 Neeraj Jha Honda CBR250RR rendering out; launch likely by end of 2016
- 2016-06-27 12:20:14 Neeraj Jha Honda All Ladies Race: Puja Dabhi Led from Start to Finish to Clinch Victory in Round One
- 2016-07-13 15:03:36 Neeraj Jha Honda CBR250RR Teaser Video introduced
- 2016-07-22 18:20:50 Neeraj Jha Honda CBR 250RR to make debut on 25 July