Royal Enfield Himalayan not to be sold in Delhi
Snapshot: Royal Enfield Himalayan, Bajaj V15 and the all new Suzuki Access 125 among the list of 41 other two-wheelers which cannot be registered in the Delhi city and hence cannot be sold for not being BS-IV compliant!
Royal Enfield yesterday launched the Himalayan at a staggering price tag of Rs 1.55 Lakh (Ex-Showroom, Mumbai). The bike is already facing major issues because of not being BS-IV compliant, Bharat Stage-IV will be seen in effect from April 1st in the Delhi region. And so the bike cannot be registered as long as Royal Enfield doesn’t upgrade Himalayan’s engine from BS-III to BS-IV. The reports suggests that Himalayan will be made Bharat Stage – IV only till April 2017 which is a good 1 year of gap from the time of launch.
In fact Himalayan is not the only motorcycle which is affected from this emission rule. The newly launched Bajaj V15 and also the all new Suzuki Access 125 are among 41 other two-wheelers which cannot be registered in the Delhi region. However, interested buyers can still go to nearby cities like Noida, Gurgaon and Ghaziabad as Himalayan will be available in these region.
Siddharth Lal, CEO and MD of Eicher Motors said, “The Royal Enfield Himalayan is registered across all the states in India and will be available in a phased manner. In the case of Delhi, the Himalayan as of now is not being registered as the NGT’s decision came in last minute. It is available in NCR for testing and booking. We are working with the authorities to resolve this situation along with several other manufacturers who are facing the same issue.”
We think you'd like...
- 2015-09-09 16:58:58 Prashant Singh Ready to roll Himalayan caught on the production line
- 2015-11-03 11:42:55 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield's sales figures grows by 73% in the month of October this year
- 2015-11-09 17:33:42 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan's instrumental cluster shot for the first time
- 2016-01-09 21:50:50 Prashant Singh Exclusive: Royal Enfield Himalayan's engine snapped up close
- 2016-01-22 12:20:42 Sunny Soral Royal Enfield unveils the Himalayan in Videos with CS Santosh!
- 2016-02-02 12:24:53 Sunny Soral Royal Enfield Himalayan unveiled, Launch Mid March 2016!
- 2016-02-15 12:50:44 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan reaches select dealerships, booking to commence from 17th March
- 2016-03-04 11:57:15 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan to be launched on 16th March
- 2016-03-16 13:16:17 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan finally Launched at Rs 1.55 Lakh
- 2016-03-28 18:38:04 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan receiving fabulous response from the market
- 2016-03-30 12:57:33 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan now available in Delhi
- 2016-04-04 11:09:50 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield reveals pricing on the Himalayan Riding gear
- 2016-04-18 11:35:49 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield grabs 5th position in the list of highest bike manufacturers of India
- 2016-08-05 16:55:00 Neeraj Jha Royal Enfield Himalayan to come in Military Green colour option