Spied - Bajaj Pulsar 200SS with ABS!
Snapshot: will there be ABS as optional on the Pulsar 200SS?
Another day and we have another new spy picture of the eagerly awaited Bajaj Pulsar in its fully faired avatar which has come up, we will pass the credits of the picture to Mr. Raj Aryan.
What is intriguing to note is and which should be the first thing we would like to find out is which one of the faired Pulsar is this – 200SS or 400SS? From the photo it is evident that the bike is all production ready to make us assume it has to be the Pulsar 200SS which is coming sooner than later! However, the final nail to the coffin should be those Eurogrip tyres.
The Pulsar 400SS showcased at the Auto Expo wore Metzeler tyres so we can assume that the production version will also wear the same rubber as well. However, looking at the possibility and since Pulsar 200NS gets Eurogrips, its faired sibling upcoming Pulsar 200SS may continue with Eurogrip tyres as well. Hence, it would seem safe to deduce that these Pulsars in the picture should be the Pulsar 200SS.
Though the things get interesting from here forward, have a closer look at the ABS ring in the picture. If it is indeed the upcoming, ready to launch Pulsar 200SS, does this mean that Bajaj will offer it as an optional extra? If this turns out to be the case then this is going to be one important factor for the ones among you waiting to buy this bike, since, none of its KTM siblings, neither the KTM Duke 200 nor the RC200 get ABS even as an option.
The engine, a 199.5 cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled, carburetor employed unit producing 23.52 PS (23.18 bhp) at 9,500 rpm and 18.3 Nm of torque at 8,000 rpm will be shared with the Pulsar 200NS. It’s still not clear whether this upcoming Pulsar will benefit from fuel-injection or not. The Pulsar 200NS is available as a fuel-injected model in Turkey with a power output of 24.4PS, about 1PS higher than the current carburettor equipped Pulsar 200NS of India. So it won’t be incorrect to expect the same output to reflect on the Indian models.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-13 13:45:34 Udit Vishal Bajaj developing Pulsar 200 NS FI for the Indonesian Market
- 2014-05-19 18:19:45 Udit Vishal Bajaj launches Pulsar 200 NS FI in international markets
- 2014-05-29 12:03:40 Udit Vishal Bajaj introduces new color shemes for Pulsar series
- 2014-11-13 14:05:35 Sunny Soral Bajaj's old War Horse P220 Sells 4 times than Karizma Updates!
- 2015-03-18 12:12:01 Prashant Singh More details out from the Indian microsite for the Bajaj Pulsar RS200
- 2015-06-09 10:58:37 Prashant Singh Bajaj Auto hints the launch of smaller capacity CS Pulsar
- 2015-06-23 12:07:53 Prashant Singh Bajaj increases the production of Pulsar RS 200
- 2015-07-17 13:35:19 Sunny Soral Black-Gold Colour Scheme coming for Pulsar RS200? Reports Suggest it may!
- 2015-07-23 12:42:11 Prashant Singh Pulsar RS200's crashes after front alloy breaks, says owner
- 2015-07-27 16:10:56 Prashant Singh Bajaj Auto's official statement on Pulsar RS200's rim breaking accident
- 2015-08-07 11:24:38 Prashant Singh Bajaj Auto to discontinue NS200 from the Indian line-up
- 2015-09-23 16:22:35 Prashant Singh Bajaj Auto launches RS 200 in 'Demon Black' color scheme
- 2015-10-30 11:02:11 Prashant Singh Bajaj Auto Hikes The Price of AS 200
- 2015-11-04 18:51:10 Prashant Singh Has Bajaj Auto discontinued the Pulsar 200NS from its line up?
- 2016-01-06 12:42:55 Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Tops 10 most searched bikes on Internet in 2015
- 2016-03-02 15:20:57 Prashant Singh All you need to know about the Bajaj Pulsar 'Festival of Speed' racing event!
- 2016-03-16 18:40:10 Prashant Singh Bajaj 'Festival of Speed' concluded on an exciting note in Delhi NCR!
- 2016-03-31 14:10:41 Prashant Singh Bangalore to host the next Bajaj 'FOS' event on 2nd April
- 2016-04-11 11:00:43 Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 spied getting tested in Pune
- 2016-04-18 12:19:19 Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar 200NS ABS spied getting tested
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29 Neeraj Jha Top 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-13 14:33:54 Neeraj Jha Bajaj Auto Finance enters partnership with India Post
- 2016-07-04 16:12:47 Neeraj Jha Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 gets new Red and white colour
- 2015-04-14 16:34:55 Prashant Singh Is this the end of RC8 ?