Spied - Suzuki Gixxer 160 wears some clothes, fully faired version spotted!
Snapshot: A camo dressed fully faired version of Gixxer 160 has been spotted!!
It took years for Suzuki's motorcycle division to understand the Indian market, some (including us) would say, given their resources it took them a long time before they made their first logical and true attempt at cracking the Indian market with the all new Gixxer 160. We are not saying that the previous models from the Japanese giants Indian arm were not good, infact their old GS150 was the most comfortable and refined bike yours truly has had an honour to ride in the class and well, above it too, while on performance front that bike wasn't a slouch too. What hindered the Suzuki Motorcycles India business was the fact that one of their bikes had a desirability factor, no matter how incredibly engineered the bikes were (and they indeed were), the customers just never felt that urge to buy them, an urge so evident in case of the Yamaha's FZ-S and the age old Pulsars.
Gixxer has established itself as a motorcycle to refer to in this segment. With its aggressive styling, good performance, Suzuki's eternal reliability, and THAT meter console (we just love it!) Gixxer is what Suzuki's should always have been in the country. However, our country is in love with the faired motorcycles, even if you never take your bike to a track (we last checked, there aren't enough tracks around the country in the first place), everyone who wants to be cool, wants a faired bike. Even the iconic Pulsar series could not fight it out with the faired desirability. The Pulsar 200NS which just might be the best motorcycle in the country right now, but is far from a sales success it should have been, just because of the reason that people want faired bikes in that segment.
To address this issue, Suzuki might have gone ahead and readied itself to surprise us. A fully faired motorcycle based on the Suzuki Gixxer has been spotted testing for the first time, by Motorbeam’s reader Mr. Atul. To be positioned above the naked Gixxer, the motorcycle would take the fight towards the Yamaha Fazer FI V2.0. From what can be understood from the spyshot, the camouflaged fairing houses a headlamp which looks a lot like the one on Gixxer. The comprehensive fairing covers the entire engine, leaving only the transmission case exposed.
The rest of the elements like fuel tank, tailpiece, silencer, wheels, tyres, braking system, etc., appear to have been carried over directly from the Gixxer. The body coloured split grab rails of the Gixxer has been ditched in favour of a single silver coloured element and the fully faired bike is expected to offer a clip-on handlebar.
Just like the FZ and Fazer duo, the new Suzuki motorcycle is expected to borrow its 154.9 cc single-cylinder engine from its naked sibling, however, considering that the engine is not exposed directly to the atmosphere, it remains to be seen if Suzuki will install a liquid-cooling system. In the Gixxer, engine produces 14.8 PS at 8,000 rpm and 14 Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
Stay with us as we get more news on this front.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-27 12:35:11 Udit Vishal Suzuki Gixxer 150's power figures revealed
- 2014-09-09 12:59:06 Vidyadhar Sharma Suzuki Gixxer launched in India; priced at Rs. 72199
- 2015-02-11 15:28:26 Sunny Soral Suzuki Gixxer Outsold by Honda CB Unicorn 160 in January
- 2015-02-23 17:51:24 Sunny Soral Scoop: Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer will launch Mid April 2015
- 2015-03-26 13:47:10 Sunny Soral Suzuki Gixxer SF is launching on 7th April, 2014
- 2015-05-04 15:51:05 Prashant Singh Suzuki introduced dual-tone colors for the Gixxer 150
- 2015-05-15 14:28:59 Sunny Soral Suzuki - No plans for Sub 300cc Bikes and CKD for next 12-18 Months in India
- 2015-05-21 17:43:07 Sunny Soral Suzuki Motorcycles India rolling out Gixxer Cup, We give them a Big Thumps Up
- 2015-06-15 15:03:10 Prashant Singh Suzuki working on a 250cc Gixxer
- 2015-09-23 12:25:00 Prashant Singh Rear disc Gixxer and Gixxer SF spied
- 2015-11-02 18:17:54 Prashant Singh As festive season Approaches, Suzuki Gixxer crosses 10,000 mark in October sales
- 2015-12-04 12:32:53 Prashant Singh Suzuki to launch the new Gixxer 250 by March next year
- 2016-03-18 15:34:58 Prashant Singh Suzuki aims to double the exports figures this year
- 2016-04-15 16:06:24 Prashant Singh Suzuki Gixxer rear disc variant launched; Price is Rs 79,726
- 2016-05-05 16:45:37 Neeraj Jha Suzuki announces 2016 Gixxer Cup
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48 Neeraj Jha Game changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2016-06-28 13:32:48 Neeraj Jha Suzuki Gixxer Cup set to return for Season 2
- 2016-08-16 13:15:52 Neeraj Jha Suzuki Gixxer commences Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
- 2016-09-09 11:32:24 Prashant Singh Suzuki launches special edition Gixxer and Gixxer SF