Suzuki aims to double the exports figures this year
Snapshot: With offerings like the Gixxer, Gixxer SF and the all new Access 125, Suzuki is aiming at double the export number to 60,000 units.
The Japanese automaker, Suzuki Motorcycles, has revealed that the company is looking forward to double their export figures in future. In the fiscal year 2014-15, the company exported close to 30,000 units to Latin American countries and also to countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and in future Suzuki believe figures will hit the 60,000 mark.
"Last year (2014-15), we exported around 30,000 units to Latin American countries and to countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka. This year (by March 2016), our exports will be at 60,000 units. That is almost double of last year," Suzuki Motorcycle India General Manager - Exports, Kenji Hirozawa told the media at the launch of new Access 125.
Not only in India but the Gixxer 150 received appreciation worldwide and the slew in sales- be it domestic or exports for Suzuki has been majorly contributed to the success of Gixxer 150. Suzuki also stepped up the game by introducing the faired version of the same, the Gixxer SF which like its naked sibling proved to be a hit.
The company is also looking confident with the launch of the all new Access 125 with which Suzuki believes to cross one lakh units in exports by March 2017. Looking at the Indian line-up, Suzuki currently retails models like Lets, Access 125, Access 125 (new), Swish 125, Gixxer 150, Gixxer SF, GS 150R and the Hayate.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-27 12:35:11 Udit Vishal Suzuki Gixxer 150's power figures revealed
- 2014-09-09 12:59:06 Vidyadhar Sharma Suzuki Gixxer launched in India; priced at Rs. 72199
- 2014-12-16 10:46:04 Sunny Soral Spied - Suzuki Gixxer 160 wears some clothes, fully faired version spotted!
- 2015-02-11 15:28:26 Sunny Soral Suzuki Gixxer Outsold by Honda CB Unicorn 160 in January
- 2015-02-23 17:51:24 Sunny Soral Scoop: Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer will launch Mid April 2015
- 2015-03-26 13:47:10 Sunny Soral Suzuki Gixxer SF is launching on 7th April, 2014
- 2015-05-04 15:51:05 Prashant Singh Suzuki introduced dual-tone colors for the Gixxer 150
- 2015-05-15 14:28:59 Sunny Soral Suzuki - No plans for Sub 300cc Bikes and CKD for next 12-18 Months in India
- 2015-05-21 17:43:07 Sunny Soral Suzuki Motorcycles India rolling out Gixxer Cup, We give them a Big Thumps Up
- 2015-06-15 15:03:10 Prashant Singh Suzuki working on a 250cc Gixxer
- 2015-09-23 12:25:00 Prashant Singh Rear disc Gixxer and Gixxer SF spied
- 2015-11-02 18:17:54 Prashant Singh As festive season Approaches, Suzuki Gixxer crosses 10,000 mark in October sales
- 2015-12-04 12:32:53 Prashant Singh Suzuki to launch the new Gixxer 250 by March next year
- 2016-04-15 16:06:24 Prashant Singh Suzuki Gixxer rear disc variant launched; Price is Rs 79,726
- 2016-05-05 16:45:37 Neeraj Jha Suzuki announces 2016 Gixxer Cup
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48 Neeraj Jha Game changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2016-06-28 13:32:48 Neeraj Jha Suzuki Gixxer Cup set to return for Season 2
- 2016-08-16 13:15:52 Neeraj Jha Suzuki Gixxer commences Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
- 2016-09-09 11:32:24 Prashant Singh Suzuki launches special edition Gixxer and Gixxer SF