The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R units recalled over bracket bolts issue
Snapshot: It is still not known if the 2016 ZX-10R units shipped to India will be affected by this recall or not.
The Japanese motorcycle maker, Kawasaki, launched their highly awaited 2016 Ninja ZX-10R in the Indian market recently and according to the recent reports Kawasaki has issued a recall notice MC16-03 for all 2016 Ninja ZX-10R models. The reports by the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says, the over-tightening of the bracket bolts on the damper may result the bracket to break. Around 805 units have been reportedly affected in the US alone while the number of units affected globally is not known yet. The motorcycle was first introduced at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show and was praised world-wide for the significant updates it received over the last generation ZX-10R. Not only the bike received redesigned bodywork but also a lighter engine components to complement the over-all updates.
It is still not known if the 2016 ZX-10R units shipped to India will be affected by this recall or not. The new model generates 200bhp of maximum power and the same can be revved up to near 207bhp with ram air. Though there isn’t any increase in the power but this engine churns our marginally high torque which stands at 113.5Nm on 11,500rpm. The Japanese motorcycle maker also claims that the new 2016 ZX-10R has been developed by taking inputs from the company’s WSBK team and is the closest Ninja every made to the factory superbikes.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-10 12:14:46 Arjit Garg 4 Cylinders, 250cc bike! Sounds crazy? Read what Kawasaki is planning
- 2014-09-17 14:47:44 Arjit Garg First action video of Kawasaki H2 launched
- 2014-09-19 12:42:16 BikePortal Team Ninja H2 specs leaked!
- 2014-09-19 18:01:59 Arjit Garg 2015 Kawasaki Ninja lineup revealed
- 2014-09-30 14:28:22 Arjit Garg Superbike or Spaceship? Ninja H2 images leaked
- 2014-09-30 15:55:01 Arjit Garg Video- Ninja H2 finally launched
- 2015-04-03 16:58:10 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Ninja H2 launched in India at INR 29 lakhs
- 2015-09-03 16:30:24 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Ninja 1000 to be equipped with Slipper Clutch and ABS technology
- 2015-09-08 12:12:59 Prashant Singh The new H2 based Ninja ZX-10R to be unveiled at the EICMA 2015
- 2015-09-11 11:26:22 Prashant Singh Video: Kawasaki Ninja H2 V/S Buggati Veyron
- 2015-10-09 12:16:16 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Reveals the 2016 ZX-10R in Spain
- 2015-10-26 12:37:03 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Teases new color on Ninja H2 via promotional video
- 2015-11-06 11:15:46 Prashant Singh So the Special Edition Ninja 300 is here!
- 2015-11-26 11:03:52 Prashant Singh K Rajini grabs the first position at the Malaysia Superbike Championship
- 2015-11-30 11:11:17 Prashant Singh Kawasaki to soon introduce the 2016 ZX-10R in India
- 2015-12-16 18:42:40 Prashant Singh The 2016 Ninja ZX-14R to make 10bhp less than the present model
- 2016-02-15 12:11:05 Prashant Singh Check out the limited edition Ninja 250 introduced by Kawasaki in Indonesia
- 2016-04-26 17:13:08 Prashant Singh Meet the new Evolution Line Carbon exhaust by Akrapovic