The 2016 Ninja ZX-14R to make 10bhp less than the present model
Snapshot: It is expected to be launched globally soon and will make way to Indian market just after that.
The Japanese motorcycle maker launched its most aggressive offering against the Suzuki’s Hayabusa in September 2013. The mighty Ninja ZX14R took the centre stage for the Japanese motorcycle maker. The bike was claimed to have an atrocious power rating of 200bhp, but it was capable of making about 10bhp more than claimed (according to Environmental Protection Agency test). The 2016 model will be launched soon and is expected to make 10bhp less than the present gen ZX14R, which is 199.9bhp.
The bike propels the 1441cc Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve per cylinder, inline-four engine. But there is a change, unlike previous ‘oxidising’ catalytic converter the engine has a three-way catalyst which has resulted in the peak power decrement and reduction in carbon monoxide emissions. All these changes are reported in the US models, but it is expected that the European models will go through the same changes as well to comply with the Euro-6 emission rules. It is expected to be launched globally soon and will make way to Indian market just after that. Share your views with us in the comment section below.
Source - BikeWale.com
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-10 12:14:46 Arjit Garg 4 Cylinders, 250cc bike! Sounds crazy? Read what Kawasaki is planning
- 2014-09-17 14:47:44 Arjit Garg First action video of Kawasaki H2 launched
- 2014-09-19 12:42:16 BikePortal Team Ninja H2 specs leaked!
- 2014-09-19 18:01:59 Arjit Garg 2015 Kawasaki Ninja lineup revealed
- 2014-09-30 14:28:22 Arjit Garg Superbike or Spaceship? Ninja H2 images leaked
- 2014-09-30 15:55:01 Arjit Garg Video- Ninja H2 finally launched
- 2015-04-03 16:58:10 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Ninja H2 launched in India at INR 29 lakhs
- 2015-09-03 16:30:24 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Ninja 1000 to be equipped with Slipper Clutch and ABS technology
- 2015-09-08 12:12:59 Prashant Singh The new H2 based Ninja ZX-10R to be unveiled at the EICMA 2015
- 2015-09-11 11:26:22 Prashant Singh Video: Kawasaki Ninja H2 V/S Buggati Veyron
- 2015-10-09 12:16:16 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Reveals the 2016 ZX-10R in Spain
- 2015-10-26 12:37:03 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Teases new color on Ninja H2 via promotional video
- 2015-11-06 11:15:46 Prashant Singh So the Special Edition Ninja 300 is here!
- 2015-11-26 11:03:52 Prashant Singh K Rajini grabs the first position at the Malaysia Superbike Championship
- 2015-11-30 11:11:17 Prashant Singh Kawasaki to soon introduce the 2016 ZX-10R in India
- 2016-02-15 12:11:05 Prashant Singh Check out the limited edition Ninja 250 introduced by Kawasaki in Indonesia
- 2016-03-09 16:12:45 Prashant Singh The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R units recalled over bracket bolts issue
- 2016-04-26 17:13:08 Prashant Singh Meet the new Evolution Line Carbon exhaust by Akrapovic