Top 5 bikes launching in India in 2016
Snapshot: We have compiled the list of 5 bikes to be launched in India 2016
With an increase in demand for performance motorcycles in the domestic market, bike manufacturers like Suzuki, Yamaha, TVS-BMW and Bajaj are all gearing up to introduce bikes for enthusiasts who are looking for motorcycles that are stylish , powerful and has manageable performance. Here we have compiled a list of 5 such mean machines to be launched in India this year.
TVS BMW G310R
The first product from technological partnership of TVS and BMW Motorrad Company, the G310R is a naked street bike that has been designed by the German bike maker and will be manufactured by TVS Motor Company. It is powered by a 313cc, DOHC, 4-valve single with electronic fuel injection, liquid cooled, single cylinder engine that pumps out 34 bhp of power at 9,500 rpm and a peak torque of 28 Nm at 7,500 rpm. This bike is expected to make its debut by the end of this year with an expected price tag of Rs 2,30,000.
Bajaj Pulsar CS400
One of the most anticipated bike of the year 2016 is Bajaj Auto’s most powerful Pulsar yet – the CS 400 bike. Unveiled at Auto Expo 2014, this 400cc will fall under a cruiser category but will not at all be slow and boring. There is no available information about the bike yet, but it is widely speculated that it will borrow its motor from the KTM Duke 390 and it will produce somewhere around 38-40 hp of power along with 30-34Nm of torque. Equipped with several features like ABS, dual disc brakes, and LED headlights, it is likely to be priced somewhere around Rs 2 lakh.
Inspired from its elder sibling of Yamaha’s MT-Series, the M-slaz is one the best-looking bike available in the 150cc segment. It shares the same engine as the YZF-R15 motorcycle which is a liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, SOHC, 4-stroke engine that generates 16.09 bhp of power at 8,500 rpm and 14.3Nm of torque at 7,500 rpm. It has already been launched in Thailand, and we expect it to hit Indian shores by festive season of this year with an expected price tag of Rs 1.30 lakh.
Benelli Tornado 302
Showcased at Auto Expo 2016, the Tornado 302 is the youngest and smallest two-cylinder bike available from the Italian two-wheeler maker. It is a fully faired motorcycle with twin headlamps, razor styled LED tailings and twin port exhaust system, which makes it arguably the best-looking entry level sports bike yet. So how powerful is it? Powering its motor is a powered by 4 stroke, DOHC, in-line two-cylinder 300cc engine that gives a maximum power output of 36Bhp at 12,000rpm and 27Nm of peak torque at 9,000rpm, it is mated to a 6 speed transmission and once fully unleashed it is capable of reaching a top speed of 170+kmph , making it an ideal bike for enthusiast who are planning to upgrade their bike to make their entry into fast bike segment.
Suzuki Gixxer 250
This is one bike that could really be a game changer for the Suzuki Motorcycle in Indian market. There is no information available about the bike, except spy images that surfaced last year. Judging by the image, it looks like this 250cc motorcycle has taken its design cues from its elder sibling- the GSX 1000. It features clip-on handlebars, split seats, single-piece headlamps and multifunction digitalized instrumental cluster. According to reports, it is likely to get a single cylinder, 250cc engine that might produce close to 30-32 bhp of power and 25-27Nm of torque. In an interview given to BikeAdvice, Mr. Suresh Babu, National Head – Product Planning and Development, Suzuki Motorcycle India Limited (SMIL), said “We will launch when the time is right. We are not saying we will never, but when the time is right for us, we will launch.”
We think you'd like...
- 2016-04-19 11:24:19Prashant SinghBajaj Pulsar CS400 spied getting tested again in Pune
- 2016-06-22 15:00:58Neeraj JhaWatch Video: KTM Duke 200 tries to keep up with Bajaj Pulsar CS 400
- 2016-08-01 12:13:58Neeraj JhaBajaj to Launch Pulsar CS 400 in August
- 2016-08-02 17:30:15Neeraj JhaBajaj Pulsar CS 400 spotted without camouflage
- 2016-08-04 13:45:50Neeraj JhaWatch Video: Bajaj Pulsar CS400 exhaust sound
- 2016-08-09 17:38:48Neeraj JhaBajaj Pulsar CS 400 might come in two variants
- 2016-08-17 17:07:06Neeraj JhaBajaj Pulsar CS 400 to launch as VS 400
- 2016-03-21 14:18:55Prashant SinghSuzuki Gixxer 250 to be launched by late 2016
- 2016-08-05 15:45:15Neeraj JhaSuzuki GSX R250 design leaked; Images inside
- 2014-03-21 17:07:38Udit VishalYamaha Introduces YZF R15 Version 2.0 in new colors
- 2014-04-28 17:27:16Syed Shiraz ShahYamaha R25 caught on road
- 2014-04-30 19:23:17Udit VishalYamaha R25 Spied again in Indonesia
- 2015-05-12 14:48:01Arjit GargYamaha YZF-R15 and YZF-R25 special editions launched in Indonesia
- 2015-09-16 12:48:50Prashant SinghYamaha MT15 spied getting tested in Thailand
- 2015-09-18 16:21:41Prashant SinghYamaha Motors India Launches the original R15 Version back again, named as YZF R15-S
- 2015-11-25 12:29:11Prashant SinghVideo - Yamaha MT-15/MT Slash to make its debut soon.
- 2016-02-12 11:24:38Prashant SinghYamaha YZF R15v3.0 cought getting tested on Indonesian roads
- 2016-02-22 11:23:30Prashant SinghYamaha introduces the YZF-R15 V2.0 in new colours and a higher price tag
- 2016-09-19 11:51:01Prashant SinghNext gen Yamaha YZF-R15 to get more power and ABS
- 2016-02-09 10:59:11Prashant SinghBMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
- 2016-03-31 12:08:41Prashant SinghBMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22Neeraj JhaTVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-04-28 14:08:05Neeraj JhaTVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06Neeraj JhaVideo: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16Neeraj JhaVideo: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-05-23 12:24:18Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10Prashant SinghBMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13Neeraj JhaBMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15Prashant SinghBMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22Neeraj JhaBMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03Neeraj JhaOptional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-21 13:33:10Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06Prashant SinghBMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49Neeraj JhaVideo: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-10 16:27:56Neeraj JhaDSK Benelli Tornado 302 launching in India this festive season