Triumph introduces all new 2016 Bonneville motorcycles
Snapshot: The Bonneville range of motorcycles gets new more powerful liquid-cooled engine, chassis and a fresh design.
Triumph Motorcycle has just unveiled whole new Bonneville range of motorcycles. Triumph has introduced five exciting new Bonneville motorcycles as the 2016 line-up, each with a different liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine. There's the entry-level 900cc Street Twin; the 1200cc T120, styled to ape the 1959 original; and the top-of-the-range café racer-style Thruxton, also 1200cc. According to Triumph, each of the new motorcycle comes with a whole new engine, chassis design and not a single component is shared with the old range of motorcycles.
The company has not yet released full specification sheet and so power figures are not available yet, only torque figures. The Street Twin makes 18% more torque than the previous Bonneville and Ducati Scrambler, which is 79.99Nm at 3,200rpm.
The T120 churns out 104Nm of peak torque which kicks in at 3,100rpm and which acoording to Triumph is 54% up on its predecessor and 9% more than Harley-Davidson's Sportster Forty-Eight. While the most powerful engine in the new 2016 range of motorcycles is the Thruxton, delivering out 112Nm of maximum torque at 4,950rpm, Triumph claims 62% improvement on the previous model and 25% more than the Norton Cafe Racer.
From the official press release, Triumph Motorcycles, “The Street Twin is our most contemporary, fun and accessible new Bonneville, powered by an all-new high torque 900cc engine. With its unique character, distinctive sound, stripped-back styling and dynamic riding experience, the new Street Twin is the perfect Bonneville for today’s rider and the perfect starting point for personalisation.
The timeless style and iconic character of the original 1959 model is reborn in the classy and authentic Bonneville T120 and effortless cool Bonneville T120 Black. Both crafted to the highest standard of detailing, quality and finish, and matched by the capability and performance of a truly modern classic. Powered by the all-new Bonneville 1200cc high torque engine, fed by beautiful, authentically styled, twin throttle bodies.
The new 1200cc Thruxton and Thruxton R are the real deal. With genuine poise, power and performance, they are the ultimate modern classic café racers. Both with beautifully imposing and authentic styling, they have the power, braking, performance and handling to live up to their legendary name.”
We think you'd like...
- 2015-02-25 11:22:26 Sunny Soral Triumph Celebrates 1st Indian Anniversary with a stunning build by Rajputana Customs
- 2015-04-30 11:57:49 Prashant Singh 2016 Triumph Bonneville spotted testing
- 2015-05-25 16:03:41 Sunny Soral Triumph shows Custom Bonneville at Bike Shed London with Barbour International
- 2015-07-21 17:32:09 Prashant Singh Triumph Scrambler from Jurassic World up for Auction
- 2015-10-13 12:39:39 Sunny Soral Video - Triumph begins Teasing 2016 Bonneville, may be Liquid Cooled!
- 2015-10-15 14:44:38 Prashant Singh Triumph to unveil new Bonnies on 28th this month?
- 2016-01-19 11:12:37 Prashant Singh Triumph Motorcycles commences the bookings of the 2016 Bonneville range
- 2016-02-22 11:53:57 Prashant Singh Triumph India showcases the new Bonneville range at the IBW 2016
- 2016-02-26 11:57:16 Prashant Singh The 2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber spied again