UM Motorcycles plans to bring two new Bikes
Snapshot: UM Motorcycle India will soon bring two more motorcycle between 300cc to 400cc
American two-wheeler manufacturer, UM Motorcycles made some buzz among domestic bike enthusiast at the recently held Auto Expo 2016, where they launched two cruiser-styled motorcycle- Renegade Commando and Renegade SportS. The Company have already taken 3000 booking and are planning to commence deliveries in October 2016. In a bid to stronghold its grip in the domestic market, it being reported by Autocar India that UM is now planning to bring to more products by this year's end.
According to UM India director, Rajeev Mishra, UM will bring a 300cc cruiser style bike along with the 400cc motorcycle. There is not much information available on the second motorcycle yet, but it is widely speculated that the other motorcycle could be a cruiser or a dual purpose motorcycle. With this, it looks like the Company is planning to compete against Royal Enfield which is currently ruling the cruiser motorcycle segment in India.
At present, the Company is offering Renegade Commando and Renegade Sport S, priced at Rs 1.59 lakhs and Rs 1.49 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively. UM International in alliance with the UP-based Lohia Auto has invested Rs 250 crore for business expansion. Manufacturing is already underway at the Lohia Auto, Kashipur facility in Uttarakhand which will also support the Government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-11 10:55:29 Arjit Garg UM Renegade Commando to be launched at 1.25 lakh
- 2016-03-10 11:27:12 Prashant Singh UM to start Renegade range deliveries by mid-May in India
- 2016-04-05 19:10:07 Prashant Singh UM Motorcycles crosses 1000 bookings milestone in two months
- 2016-05-16 12:55:56 Neeraj Jha UM Motorcycle India resumes booking for Renegade Series
- 2016-07-14 16:29:13 Neeraj Jha UM Motorcycles enters Gurgaon; Opens third Dealership