Starting 2015, Ford is making a lot of noise both internationally and in the local market. Ford has already launched the India made and Figo aspire compact sedan in the country, which will be exporting them internationally soon. The American auto giant is also ready with the all-new Endeavour SUV, known as Everest in some countries. And tomorrow, Ford will launch one of their most ambitious products, the Figo hatchback.
Considering the segment it is launched in and the ongoing festive season, the customers will have a lot of expectations from the product. And hence we compiled a list of things you can expect from the Ford Figo hatchback.
1. New-age Design - Ford Figo hatchback is essentially the same model sold in Brazil, known as KA. Ka also has a sedan version, called the Ka+ in Brazil, while in India, it is sold as the Ford Figo Aspire. The Ford Figo will be same in terms of the design as the Aspire, sans the boot. And while many people didn't like the overall arrangement of the boot in the Aspire, the hatchback version is expected to be proportionally relevant. The front fascia is the place where most of the design influence can be seen, and the grille seems like the one installed in Aston Martins. The look is definitely one department where Ford has moved manifolds.
2. Powerful Engine - Ford Figo is said to borrow all the engine options from the Aspire sedan. While we already know that the 1.5-litre TDCi Duratorq diesel and 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol engines are capable motors, it's the 1.5-litre Ti-VCT petrol that is making us restless. With the 1.5-litre petrol motor under the hood, Ford Figo will become the most powerful under 4-metre hatchback in the country. According to ARAI, the 1.5-litre TiVCT petrol unit delivers a peak power of 112 PS and a peak torque of 136 Nm, the highest for any hatchback till now. Expect it to come with an automatic gearbox only, like in the case of Aspire.
3. Safest hatchback - The biggest talking point about the new-generation Ford Figo is the safety -features. Like the Aspire, the Figo will also get first-in-segment 6 airbags, in the top-spec variant. The rest of the variants will get dual frontal airbags, making it the safest sub 4-metre hatchback in the country today.
4. Feature rich - The Figo Hatchback will also be one of the most feature rich hatchback in the country today. As contrary to the popular believe that the Hyundai cars are best equipped cars, the Ford Figo hatchback will come equipped with a smart MyFord Dock for smart phones and Ford’s own Sync and App Link feature, apart from the same music system sourced from the Aspire and automatic climate control.
5. Ford's brand - And last but not least is the Ford's brand image. The American automaker has always been known to manufacture performance oriented rugged products. This was the main reason for the success of the first-generation Ford Figo in the country. But it has been long since Ford launched any hatchback and hence the anticipation levels are high. Though, it is called Figo, it is a completely new car cashing on the successful moniker of the past.