Yamaha launches YZF-R25 in Indonesia
Snapshot: Yamaha launches the much-awaited R25 in Indonesia, priced at Rs 2.7 lakhs in the country
Yamaha has finally unveiled the YZF-R25 in Indonesia. The new baby Yamaha is constructed genes of the YZR-M1 and originates from a new lightweight diamond platform. More importantly, the R25 is powered by a newly-developed parallel twin-cylinder, 250cc engine that develops 36 PS of power at 12,000 RPM and 22.1 Nm of torque at 10,000 RPM! Yamaha has been offering the new model in three body colors - Racing Blue, Black Predator, and Diablo Red and launched it at approximately 53 million Indonesian rupees in the country, which is equal to Rs. 2.7 lakhs in India.
Being a Yamaha, we expected it to be a ground-breaking machine and the R25 is, clearly a game changer. Alongwith the diamond type frame that is specially treated with two layers of coating – electrode-position coating as base layer and another top layer to make it durable further, there is a brand new power plant as well. This high revving motor redlines at 14,000 RPM and features a narrow valve angle and a high compression ratio alongwith an independent 12 hole injector for superior performance. The bike weighs only 166 kilograms and weight distribution is a perfect 50:50.
India launch plans have not been revelaed yet but expect it to come this festival season here at an estimated sticker price of Rs. 3 lakh. Competitors would be the Kawasaki Ninja 300, Honda CBR250R and the upcoming KTM RC 390.
Check complete technical specification here: Yamaha YZF-R25
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-19 10:51:20 Udit Vishal Yamaha YZF-R25 boasts redline at 14,000 RPM!
- 2014-05-23 13:50:21 Divyanshu Boora Yamaha YZF R25 breaks records in Indonesian market
- 2014-05-28 18:42:16 Udit Vishal Yamaha announces acceossories for YZF-R25
- 2014-06-05 23:13:18 Udit Vishal Yamaha YZF-R25 hit track in Japan
- 2014-06-12 12:48:12 Udit Vishal Yamaha YZF-R25 special edition is inspired from MotoGP's YZR-M1
- 2014-09-08 12:39:41 BikePortal Team Can India duplicate the Yamaha's R25 Indonesia's success?
- 2015-05-15 16:22:00 Sunny Soral Spied - Yamaha YZF-R3 testing in India