Yamaha Motors India Launches the original R15 Version back again, named as YZF R15-S
Snapshot: It is priced at INR 1.14 lakh (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) and will be available in three different colors such as Spark Green, Track White and Adrenaline Red.
Yamaha Motors India has launched the YZF-R15 Version 1.0 again with a new name of YZF R15 S, where the ‘S’ stands for single seat. Well the move from the Japanese motorcycle manufacturer came out of nowhere. Since looking at the market demand, version 1.0 was being missed from a long time since version 2.0 came to replace it back in 2011-2012. R15-S features the single long and comfortable seat unlike V2.0 as seats on the V2.0 are split and it’s really a pain for the pillion to seat comfortably on the back. While apart from seats, fairing of both the versions are slightly different.
Under the fairing, both the motorcycle runs on the same liquid cooled, 149.8cc, SOHC, 4 Valve engine delivering good 17bhp of power at 8,500rpm and 15Nm of torque at 7,500 rpm. Both of the motorcycles will be sold alongside but R15-S will be slightly costlier than Version 2.0, it is priced at INR 1,14741 (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) and will be available in three different colors such as Spark Green, Track White and Adrenaline Red.
Mr. Roy Kurian, Vice President- Sales & Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd shared,“Yamaha R15 is a pure sports vehicle designed especially for racing enthusiasts so that they can experience the power and passion that a sports bike has to offer. However, our research showed that a particular customer segment desired for a single seat version as it is more convenient for the pillion rider. Even so, the split seat version 2.0 will also continue to be in the market along with the new single seat variant. We, at Yamaha keep our customers first and hence this introduction was imperative. ”
We think you'd like...
- 2014-03-21 17:07:38 Udit Vishal Yamaha Introduces YZF R15 Version 2.0 in new colors
- 2014-04-28 17:27:16 Syed Shiraz Shah Yamaha R25 caught on road
- 2014-04-30 19:23:17 Udit Vishal Yamaha R25 Spied again in Indonesia
- 2015-05-12 14:48:01 Arjit Garg Yamaha YZF-R15 and YZF-R25 special editions launched in Indonesia
- 2015-09-16 12:48:50 Prashant Singh Yamaha MT15 spied getting tested in Thailand
- 2015-11-25 12:29:11 Prashant Singh Video - Yamaha MT-15/MT Slash to make its debut soon.
- 2016-02-12 11:24:38 Prashant Singh Yamaha YZF R15v3.0 cought getting tested on Indonesian roads
- 2016-02-22 11:23:30 Prashant Singh Yamaha introduces the YZF-R15 V2.0 in new colours and a higher price tag
- 2016-09-19 11:51:01 Prashant Singh Next gen Yamaha YZF-R15 to get more power and ABS