Yamaha sells 600 units of the YZF-R3 since its launch in August 2015
Snapshot: The Yamaha R3 sits right in the middle of its competitors with a price tag of Rs 3.25 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
So it’s been almost 8 months since the Japanese motorcycle maker, Yamaha, came up with its highly awaited motorcycle the YZF-R3 in India. The launch rather proved to be slightly disappointing to the India masses who felt that the bike is bit overpriced and still doesn’t offers ABS or slipper clutch which one of its rival is offering at a significant lesser price. Being a twin-cylinder motorcycle which is making way to the Indian market via a CKD route, the motorcycle is supposed to be priced somewhere in this range but lack of aforementioned features did seemed to have affected Indian buyers choice on a personal level.
Recently the company revealed that they have sold more than 600 units of the R3s since it’s launched in India. Initially the company targeted to sell 200 units a month but with time it was taken down to 100 units a month. Being placed right in the middle of both its competitors, the KTM RC390 and the Kawasaki Ninja 300. The Yamaha R3 sits right in the middle with a price tag of Rs 3.25 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Stay tuned as Bikeportal brings you more such updates and till then don’t forget to hit us with your views on the gorgeous looking Yamaha R3 in the section below.
We think you'd like...
- 2015-04-06 11:12:59 Prashant Singh Yamaha set to launch R3 and MT25 in India in late 2015
- 2015-06-08 15:33:35 Sunny Soral Exclusive - Yamaha India is Launching YZF-R3 in July!!
- 2015-10-09 18:18:53 Prashant Singh Yamaha Motors USA orders Recall on R3 for Faulty Upper Triple Clamp
- 2015-11-02 10:59:46 Prashant Singh Buy an R3 before 10th November and you might get a chance to ride along Jorge Lorenzo on BIC
- 2015-12-01 11:01:08 Prashant Singh Jorge Lorenzo is Here and is Riding at BIC Right Now
- 2016-04-27 16:46:14 Neeraj Jha Yamaha inaugurates new spare parts centre in Tamil Nadu; invested Rs 58 cr
- 2016-06-20 14:33:31 Neeraj Jha Yamaha R3 recalled in Japan