How the engine of Bajaj Avenger different from other bikeвЂ™s engine?
Bajaj Avenger 220 DTS-i is powered by 4-stroke, single cylinder, DTS-i, air cooled with oil-cooler engine, which discharges peak power of 19.03 Ps @ 8400 rpm and torque of 17.5 Nm @ 7000 rpm
The DTS-i technology employs twin spark plug instead of a single spark plug, which give the Avenger that additional power and torque while also keeping it efficient for the long cruise, the benefits of DTS-i technology are:
• Less vibrations and noise
• Long life of the engine parts such as piston rings and valve stem.
• Decrease in the specific fuel consumption
• No over heating
• Increase the Thermal Efficiency of the Engine & even bear high loads on it.
• Better starting of engine even in winter season & cold climatic conditions or at very low temperatures because of increased Compression ratio.