Which one is better option between Hero Duet and Honda Dio?
The differences between both scooters are:
• Powered by 110.9cc Air cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder OHC engine which produces maximum power of 6.20 KW @ 8000 rpm and maximum torque of 8.30 Nm @ 6500 rpm. Top speed is 85 kmph.
• Dimensions: length (1830mm), width (726mm), overall height (1139mm), wheelbase (1245mm), ground clearance (155mm) and fuel tank capacity (6 liters)
• Suspension (front) is telescopic while suspension (rear) unit swing with spring loaded hydraulic
• The claimed mileage of this scooter is 63 kmpl, while mileage as per users experience is around 50 kmpl.
• Other features are: Metal Body, Telescopic Front Suspension, External Fuel Filling, Mobile Charging Port & Boot Light, Tubeless Tyres, Digital Analog Combo Meter Console, and Integrated Braking System.
• The ex-showroom Mumbai price of Hero Duet (VX) as on 15.01.2016 is Rs. 50,500
• Honda Dio is powered by 109.20cc Air cooled, 4 stroke, SI engine, which produces maximum power of 5.89 KW @7000 rpm and maximum torque of 8.77 Nm @ 5500 rpm, top speed is 83 kmph.
• Dimensions: length (1781mm) width (710mm), height (1133mm), wheelbase (1238mm), ground clearance (158mm) and fuel tank capacity (5.3 liters)
• Front & the rear suspension are spring loaded hydraulic type.
• The claimed mileage of this scooter is 66 kmpl, while mileage as per users experience is around 50 kmpl.
• Other features are: fresh body graphics, HET technology, 18 liters of storage space, combine braking system, tubeless tyres etc.
• The ex-showroom Mumbai price of Honda Dio as on 15.01.2016 is Rs. 51,600
Hero Duet seems to be a better choice here as it has better power, better dimensions, front telescopic suspension, more features and also cost effective.