Can I travel 1000 km with Honda Dio? If yes, what are the things to be considered before and during it?
Honda Dio specifically designed for the short distances travelling hence mostly it is used in city riding. Honda Dio engine is fitted below the seats and not exposed to on coming air thus it uses forced cooling system (Fan to cool the engine) and its seats and tyres are not much comfortable for long journey, tyres are small thus more vibration will transfer from road if the road is not smooth. As per users experience you can drive for long distance but you should take a 15 minute break after every 80 kms or 90 minutes of riding whichever comes first to avoid the engine overheating.
Things which should be considered before & during long journey on are Dio are:
• Get the Dio serviced before riding long distance.
• Tyre pressure should be proper as recommended in the user manual.
• We would also recommend carrying a puncture kit and other equipments to fit a flat tyre.
• Don’t drive fast as Dio is featured with drum brakes which are not as efficient as disc brakes.
• Maintain an average speed of 50 kmph for optimum mileage.
Questions about Honda Dio