Why Honda Hornet 160R engine has balancer?
Honda Hornet 160R engine has a counter balancer to reduce vibrations.
The engine is mated to a five-speed transmission and the engine also gets the Honda Eco Technology (HET), which HMSI says reduces friction among moving engine parts, delivering better performance and improving fuel efficiency.
Following are the reasons and our suggestions to fix the knocking sound coming from your Hornet bike:
• Engine oil level may be low; if the engine oil level is low the engine cam followers or lifters will lose pressure allowing excessive clearance in the valve train causing a rattling noise.
• Engine's drive belts may be broken or slipping so Tighten or replace belts.
• A belt tensioner is used to hold pressure against the serpentine belt, when this tensioner fails it can make a rattling noise.
• A mounting bracket is used to support the various accessories such as the power steering pump, air conditioner compressor, if the bolt becomes loose or the bracket breaks it can cause a rattling noise.
• The engine may have mechanical problems so check compression to determine engine condition.
We cannot provide projector light as we are not the manufacturing company, it’s all depends on Honda. If you like, you can install aftermarket projector headlight.
Questions about Honda CB Hornet 160R
I have purchased Honda Hornet 160R but it hasn’t been provided with proper rear tyre mud guard, so during rainy season rear tyre sprays mud from open area.S.V.Ramanarao Teacher 2016-07-14 1 Answer