KTM RC 200 – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which category of bikes does KTM RC 200 belong to?
The KTM RC 200 is the perfect entry-level sports motorcycle, especially for a person new to riding sports bikes.
2. How does the KTM RC 200 look like?
The KTM RC 200 is one of the most attractive bikes around. The name of the original model was 200 Duke. This bike was an instant hit when it was launched in 2012. In 2014, the 200 Duke went through a complete makeover. After a lot of tinkering with the bodywork, the designers gave the motorcycle a new look with low clip-on handles, twin projector headlamps and a raked-up rear sub-frame. It was the birth of the new model KTM RC 200.
3. How much mileage does the KTM RC 200 deliver?
The KTM RC 200 delivers a mileage of around 30 kmpl under test conditions.
4. How is the engine of KTM RC 200?
The KTM RC 200 comes with the same engine as the Duke 200. It is a 200 cc engine capable of producing peak torque of 19 Nm and delivering the maximum power of 25 bhp. The basic standard model is ideal for riding on the city roads with its traffic. However, the higher-end KTM RC 200 is a better bet when you take it to the highways.
5. What colours are available in KTM RC 200?
The KTM RC 200 comes in two colours, black and white. The alloy wheels come in bright orange colour that adds to the sporty look of the bike.
6. What are the plus points of KTM RC 200?
The KTM RC 200 is a powerful entry-level sports bike. It has some unique features that you should expect a sports bike to have.
- Extremely fast pick-up whereby it delivers immediate power
- Incredibly fast and at the same time stable enough to ride
- Excellent braking system, especially in the higher-end version
7. What could be the negative aspects of KTM RC 200?
- The standard version of KTM RC 200 does not have ABS in spite of the high price tag.
- The bike has short gear ratios.
- Users have reported that they experience vibrations when riding at high speeds.
- The stickers appear a bit dull..
8. How is the KTM RC 200 bike from the safety angle?
The KTM RC 200 comes with radial tubeless tires that offer a better grip on the road. The tubeless tires add to the safety quotient even when there is a puncture when travelling at high speeds. The Automatic Headlamp On feature illuminates the road ahead despite bad weather and surrounding lighting conditions. The higher-end vehicle comes with ABS, an additional safety measure.
9. How is the handling experience of the KTM RC 200?
The KTM RC 200 is one of the best and safest bikes to ride on, especially if you have to make a quick spring to the college or friend’s place. The higher-end vehicle provides a pleasant riding experience on the highways as you can cruise along at tremendous speeds.