What is smart card?
A smart card is a plastic card about the size of a credit card, with an embedded microchip that can be loaded with data, used for telephone calling, electronic cash payments, and other applications, and then periodically refreshed for additional use. In order to ensure and put in place a quicker, convenient and more purposeful process for obtaining Driving Licenses and Registration Certificates, the Smart Card project has been implemented by the government.
The benefits of having smart card based licenses are as follows:
• The Smart card would capture and store the Biometrics, Photographs, Signature etc., of the individual License / Permit holder etc., These details would be held in the card in electronic form.
• Faster issuing of Vehicle Registrations.
• Protection from purchasing illegally obtained vehicles.
• The date in the Smart can be updated but cannot be erased. Such a process provides for a permanent audit trial and prevents intentional tampering.
• The data stored in optical strip is digitally signed to prevent unauthorized access; and
• Enhanced protection against vehicle and identity theft.
Included accessories are mirrors, windscreen, foot-rest, side stand etc; please contact your local KTM dealer for detailed included and excluded accessories.
Questions about KTM RC 390