Suzuki Gixxer – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the capacity of the Suzuki Gixxer engine?
The Suzuki Gixxer has a 154.9 cc air-cooled dual-valve, single-cylinder, SOHC engine that delivers a power of 14.8 PS at 8000 rpm and peak torque of 14 Nm at 6000 rpm. This engine provides the sporty feel to the Gixxer as the company aims to capture the sporty customer segment of bikers. The engine mates with a 5-speed transmission gearbox.
2. What is the mileage of Suzuki Gixxer?
Under test conditions, the Suzuki Gixxer delivers a mileage of 64 kmpl. This mileage performance is good considering the mileage trends in the 150 cc bike category. The Suzuki Gixxer can achieve a top speed of 115 kmph.
3. What are the colour combinations available for Suzuki Gixxer?
The Suzuki Gixxer bike comes in five common sporty colour combinations:
- Glass Sparkle Black
- Candy Persimmon Red and Metallic Spark Black
- Metallic Triton Blue and Glass Sparkle Black
- Metallic Blue and Pearl White
- Pearl Mira Red and Glass Sparkle Black
4. What are the benefits and drawbacks of Suzuki Gixxer?
- The bike presents a good blend of efficiency and performance.
- Looks wise, it has one of the gorgeous appearances.
- The motorcycle is decent and comfortable to handle.
- Suzuki Gixxer has to endure tremendous competition in the market.
- The rear brakes are average in the standard model of the bike.
5. How is the Suzuki Gixxer from the safety angle?
Suzuki Gixxer comes equipped with conventional telescopic front forks. The R-step rear mono-shock fork is adjustable. The front when has a disc brake whereas the rear wheel comes with a drum unit. The top-end Suzuki Gixxer ABS comes with ABS, thereby ensuring that the vehicle provides a stable and confident riding experience.
6. How is the competition in the 150 cc motorcycle category?
The 150 cc category witnesses the greatest competition among the motorcycles. The Suzuki Gixxer competes with bikes like Bajaj Avenger 180 Street, TVS Apache RTR 160, Yamaha FZ-S FI and Honda CB Hornet 160R.
7. What are the attractive features of Suzuki Gixxer?
Suzuki Gixxer is one of the most attractive bikes to look at. It has high-tech specifications. The low handlebar, stylish seats and the positioning of the footpeg give it a sporty look. The bike comes with advanced features like tachometer, a digital clock, fuel gauge, odometer, trip meter and service reminder. The programmable shift light also adds to the attraction quotient.
8. What is the reserve fuel capacity in Suzuki Gixxer?
The reserve fuel capacity of the Suzuki Gixxer is around 2.4 litres. Therefore, the bike can travel at least 150 km on the reserve fuel alone.