Why my Gixxer SF delivered only 27-28 kmpl mileage after first service?
27-28 kmpl is really too low mileage from Gixxer SF, the ARAI certified mileage of this bike is 63.5 kmpl and the mileage as per users experience is 40 kmpl in the city conditions and 45 kmpl on highway so you are getting around 10-12 kmpl less mileage from your bike, following are the possible reasons for low mileage and our suggestions for solution.
• Air filter might be clogged so get it cleaned from authorized Suzuki dealer workshop.
• Check freely opening & closing of chock lever / knob. If sticky get it repaired.
• Check both wheels for free rotation
• Check all control cables for free operation.
• Get the carburetor tuned for optimum performance.
• Confirm that there is no leakage / theft of fuel happening.
• Always fill the fuel at reputed fuel pump.
• Maintain correct tyre pressure & check it periodically
• Bike should be driven at the optimum speed (40-60) kmph beyond this speed, more fuel gets consumed.
• Clutch lever should not be pressed for long while driving.
Questions about Suzuki Gixxer SP
Which bike is better between Honda Hornet and Suzuki Gixxer SF by mileage, power delivery and looking wise?shaju 2016-07-14 1 Answer