How can I improve mileage of my Yamaha FZ above 50 kmpl?
The ARAI certified mileage of Yamaha FZ is 51 kmpl while mileage as per users experience is around 45 kmpl; so you cannot improve the mileage above 50 kmpl but you can improve the mileage upto 45 kmpl using following our suggestions:
• Check the idling rpm, it should be specific as recommended in user’s manual.
• If air filter is clogged get it cleaned from your local Hero MotoCorp service center.
• Check freely opening & closing of chock lever / knob. If sticky get it repaired.
• Bike should be driven at the optimum speed, for bikes it is economical to go in the 40-60 kmph speed if you increase speed beyond this, more fuel gets consumed.
• Maintain correct tyre pressure & check it periodically
• Check both wheels for free rotation
• Clutch lever should not be pressed for long while driving.
• Never park the bike in direct sunlight to avoid evaporation of fuel.
• A well serviced bike give better mileage so your bike serviced and change engine oil as recommended by manufacturer.
Questions about Yamaha FZ