Yamaha MT FAQs
1. Kindly provide some information regarding the engine specifications of Yamaha MT 15.
Yamaha MT 15 is powered by a 155 cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke SOHC petrol engine that can generate a peak power of 19.30 bhp @ 10,000 rpm and maximum torque of 14.7 Nm @ 8500 rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox that offers excellent control over the bike. The bike is equipped with a wet multi-plate clutch.
2. Which other bikes does Yamaha MT 15 compete with?
3. What is the mileage offered by Yamaha MT 15? How big is the fuel tank?
Yamaha MT 15 offers a mileage of around 45 kmpl on the highways and around 35 kmpl on the city roads, so you can expect an average of around 40 kmpl. The fuel tank is actually smaller for the segment and at 10 litres is going to require you to stop for constant refuelling when on long rides.
4. Please specify the key dimensions of the Yamaha MT 15.
Yamaha MT 15 has a kerb weight of 133 kg and gross vehicle weight of 288 kg. Its key dimensions are: -
- Length: - 2020 mm
- Width: - 800 mm
- Height: - 1070 mm
- Ground Clearance: - 160 mm
- Seat Height: - 810 mm
- Turning radius: - 2.4 m
5. What are the brakes installed in Yamaha MT 15? What about the suspension?
Yamaha MT 15 sports dual channel ABS disc brakes. The front wheel sports a 282 mm single disc brake and the rear wheel is controlled by a 220 m single disc brake. The bike is equipped with 17-inch alloy wheels at the front and rear. The front wheel has USD fork suspension and the rear side has Monoshock suspension.
6. What is the expected price of Yamaha MT15 in India?
Yamaha India will be launching the baby MT-15 on March 15 at the Buddh International Circuit. It is likely to be priced at Rs 1.2 lakh, ex-showroom, and will take on the KTM 125 Duke as the entry-level performance motorcycle.
7. How many colour options are available in Yamaha MT 15?
Yamaha MT 15 is available in four different colour options in the Indian market. The available colour options are All Black, Grey Black, Blue Black and All Blue. The price of the bike is not affected by the choice of colour.
8. Please provide some information about the equipment in instrument cluster.
Yamaha has endowed MT 15 with some exciting equipment in the instrumentation cluster for the comfort of the riders. Some of the noteworthy features are digital odometer, digital speedometer, digital tach