Audi A3 FAQS
1. What are the interior and exterior features that make the A3 attractive?
Audi A3 is filled with lavish interior and exterior features like climate control, air conditioning & heating, electrically adjustable rear-view mirrors, push start & stop ignition button, steering adjustment, steering infotainment controls, 12V power outlets, keyless entry, GPS navigation, average fuel efficiency indicator, distance to empty indicator, seat belt warning, door ajar warning, and front & rear fog lamps.
2. How is the acceleration of A3? What is the maximum speed of this car?
The 1.4-liter TFSI engine boosts the petrol variants of A3 from rest to 100 kmph in just 8.2 seconds. The 2.0-liter TDI engine is powerful, but can only help the diesel variants to cover the 0 to 100 kmph gap in 8.6 seconds, a bit slower than the petrol guises. The two petrol variants have a top speed of 224 kmph whereas the two diesel variants top out at 215 kmph.
3. How many variants of A3 are offered by Audi in India?
Audi has launched four variants of the A3 in India. They have been equally bifurcated into petrol version and diesel version.
The petrol version iterations are:
· 35 TFSI Premium Plus
· 35 TFSI Technology Pack
The diesel version variants are:
· 35 TDI Premium Plus
· 35 TDI Technology Pack
4. Is the cabin spacious and comfortable? What is the boot capacity?
Yes, the cabin of the Audi A3 is one of the most comfortable cabins in the premium sedan automobile segment. It offers a seating capacity for five adults who can be seated in a 2+3 manner. The legroom, arm space and headroom space in the cabin at the front as rear is excellent. All the passengers can be comfortable without feeling congested. Audi A3 has been bestowed a massive 425-liter boot space which is good enough to hold 4 suitcases.
5. Is an automatic transmission variant of Audi A3 available in India?
The Audi A3 is currently only available with automatic transmission in India. The automatic transmission system has a 6-speed gearbox in the diesel version and a 7-speed gearbox in the petrol version of A3.
6. What is the fuel economy the A3 returns on city roads and on highways?
The diesel version of the A3 is more fuel efficient than its petrol counterpart. The petrol variants return an average fuel economy of 19.2 kmpl; 16.7 kmpl in the city and 21.7 kmpl on the highways. On the other hand, diesel variants offer a fuel efficiency of 20.38 kmpl; 17.9 kmpl in urban areas and 22.86 on the highways. All variants of A3 have a fuel capacity of 50 liters.
7. What are the engine specifications of the Engine installed in the A3?
There are two engines that power the petrol and diesel versions of the A3. The specifications of these two engines are:
· Diesel - 1968 cc, 4 cylinder, 2.0-liter TDI diesel engine that can generate a maximum power output of 141 bhp @ 3500-4000 rpm and a peak torque of 320 Nm @ 1750-3000 rpm.
· Petrol - 1395 cc, 4 cylinder, 1.4-liter TFSI petrol engine generating maximum power output of 148 bhp @ 5000-6000 rpm and a peak torque of 250 Nm @ 1500-3500 rpm.
Both these engines transfer the power they generate to the front wheels of this sedan as it is a front wheel drive (FWD) car.
8. Does Audi A3 have the latest safety equipment or systems?
Yes, certainly. Audi has spared no expense while building the A3 and stocked it with all the latest safety and security systems, like antilock braking system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD), engine immobilizer, central locking, child lock safety, hill assist, brake assist, traction control, electronic stability program, driver airbag, co-passenger airbag, power door lock, speed sensing automatic lock, turn indicators on ORVM, rear wiper, rain sensing technology, headlight washers, cornering lights, rear parking sensors and camera, paddle shift and cruise control.
9. What is the height, weight and ground clearance of A3?
The Audi A3 is a premium sedan or saloon car. Here are some of the basic dimensions of the A3:
· Height: 1416 mm
· Weight: 1890 kg
· Ground clearance: 165 mm
· Wheelbase: 2637 mm
· Min. Turning Radius: 5.35 m
· Wheel type: Alloy Wheels
· Front tyres: 205/55 R16; 16” radial, tubeless
· Rear tyres: 205/55 R16; 16” radial, tubeless
· Front brakes: Ventilated disc brakes with McPherson strut suspension
· Rear brakes: Disc brakes with multi-link suspension
10. What are the different color options with the Audi A3?
The Audi A3 is available to the customers in 4 metallic finish, 1 pearl effect and 1 normal finish colors. Beluga Brown Metallic, Scuba Blue Metallic, Florett Silver Metallic, and Glacier White Metallic have the metallic finish. Misano Red Pearl Effect has the pearlescent finish while Brilliant Black has a normal finish.
11. Can I know the details of the factory warranty, if any, provided by Audi?
Yes, a factory warranty is offered on the A3 by the manufacturer. The warranty has a validity of 24 month (2 years) and unlimited kilometres warranty on Audi models, including all variants of the Audi A3. It can be availed anywhere and anytime you require it. Warranty can be extended by one or two years by paying an extra amount.