Audi Q3 - FAQs
1. Is Audi Q3 available in CNG?
No. Audi Q3 is only available with Petrol and Diesel as the two fuel options. There is no option for CNG or any other alternate fuel type at the moment and there are no chances of it happening in near future as well.
2. What is the fuel capacity and efficiency of the Audi Q3?
All the variants of both petrol and diesel engine versions boast a massive 64 litre fuel tank. The petrol versions have a decent fuel efficiency of 13.9 kmpl in urban areas and 16.9 kmpl on highways. The 148 bhp diesel version has a commendable efficiency of 16.5 kmpl on city roads and 18.5 kmpl on highways while the 174 bhp diesel version returns a fuel economy of 13.7 kmpl in the city and 15.7 kmpl on highways. Braking rhythm, average driving speed, frequency of servicing and proper maintenance play a crucial role in maintaining the fuel efficiency.
3. Do I have an option of automatic transmission system in the Q3?
Yes. In fact, currently all variants of Audi Q3 in India are equipped with a seven-speed dual clutch automatic transmission gearbox. The 30 TFSI Premium and 30 TDI Premium variants have a Front Wheel Drive (FWD) drive train with a seven-speed automatic gearbox. The remaining three variants are equipped with an All-Wheel Drive (AWD) drive train and a seven-speed automatic gearbox.
4. What is the maximum speed attainable for the Q3? What about the acceleration from standstill to 100 kmph?
The base variant with the 2.0 litre 148 bhp TDI engine has a top speed of 204 kmph while the higher variants with the 2.0 litre 174 bhp TDI Quattro engine reach a top speed of 212 kmph. The petrol variants with the 1.4 litre TFSI engine can go steady at a maximum speed of 204 kmph. The 2.0 litre engine variants accelerate from 0 to 100 kmph in 9.3 seconds (148 bhp version) and 8.2 seconds (174 bhp version). The 1.4 litre petrol version takes 8.9 seconds to accelerate from rest to 100 kmph.
5. What is the seating capacity and boot space available on the Audi Q3?
This semi-luxury Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) by Audi offers a gracious seating capacity for five adult passengers with five doors in a 2+3 arrangement. The legroom, arm space and headroom space are excellent. The boot space bestowed to this car by Audi is an impressive 460 litres, which is more than enough to hold 4 suitcases and a few small bags.
6. How good are the safety and security features that have been installed on this car?
Audi has spared no expense and installed best-in-class safety features on the Q3. It comes equipped with high quality features like Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Anti Slip Regulation (ASR), brake assist, cruise control, perimetric alarm system, driver and passenger SRS airbags, engine immobilizer, speed dependant auto door lock, central locking along with child safety lock, front and rear fog lights, and rear parking sensors and camera. Please note that the safety features available vary as per the choice of variant.
7. How many variants of the Audi Q3 are available? What are they?
The Audi Q3 is available to the customers in 5 different variants in India. Four variants are from the diesel segment and have a 2.0 TDI diesel engine (148 bhp or 174 bhp power output option). The remaining one variant is a petrol version equipped with a 1.8 litre TFSI petrol engine. The variants are:
· Audi Q3 30 TFSI Premium AT FWD (Petrol)
· Audi Q3 30 TDI Premium AT FWD (Diesel)
· Audi Q3 35 TDI Premium Plus AT AWD (Diesel)
· Audi Q3 Design Edition (Diesel)
· Audi Q3 35 TDI Quattro Technology (Diesel)
8. Which vehicle category does the Audi Q3 fall under? Who are its competitors?
9. How many colours does Audi offer for the Q3 range?
This SUV is available in six different and attractive colours. The colours come in three finishes as well. Colours and finishes available are: Cortina White in the solid finish, Misano Red in the pearlescent finish, Mythos Black and Floret Silver in the metallic finish, and Utopia blue.
10. What are the dimensions of the car and the wheels?
Here are the basic dimensions of Audi Q3:
· Height: 1608 mm
· Weight: 2185 kg
· Ground Clearance: 170 mm
· Min. turning Radius: 5.90 m
· Wheelbase: 2603 mm
· Wheel type: Alloy Wheels
· Front Tyre: 235/55 R17- 17” radial, tubeless
· Rear Tyre: 235/55 R17- 17” radial, tubeless
11. What are the engine specifications of Audi Q3?
The Audi Q3 is available to the customers in India in three engine options. A peek under the hood will show you that the engines offered are:
1968 cc, 4-cylinder, turbocharging, 2.0 litre TDI inline diesel engine with peak torque generation of 340 Nm @ 1750-2750 rpm and power output of 148 bhp @ 3500-4000 rpm
1968 cc, 4-cylinder, 16 valve, turbocharging 2.0 litre TDI Quattro diesel engine that generates a max torque of 380 Nm @ 1750-2500 rpm and max power of 174 bhp @ 4200 rpm
1395 cc, 4-cylinder, turbocharging, 1.4 litre TFSI petrol engine generating a max power of 148 bhp @ 5000-6000 rpm and max torque of 250 Nm @ 1500-3500 rpm