Audi Q7 FAQs
1. Which vehicle category does the Q7 belong to? What are the other models that challenge the Q7?
Audi has launched their new car Q7 in the luxury sports utility vehicle (SUV) automobile category in the Indian markets. This massive car faces tough competition from SUVs, like BMW X5, Volvo XC90, Mercedes Benz GLS, Mercedes AMG GLE Coupe, Toyota Land Cruiser PRADO, Mercedes AMG GLS 63, BMW X6, and BMW X5 M.
2. Does Audi offer an automatic transmission system with the Q7?
Yes, as a matter of fact, currently the Q7 is only available with an 8-speed automatic transmission gearbox in both petrol and diesel versions. Manual transmission variants of Q7 haven’t been launched by Audi in India.
3. What are the features of the top end variant of Audi Q7?
Design Edition Petrol and 45 TDI Quattro Technology are the top end variants of the petrol and diesel versions of the Q7 respectively. These are equipped with all safety features along with the premium interior and exterior features offered by Audi. ABS, EBD, traction control, and brake and hill assist are some of the numerous safety feature installed in these cars.
4. How fast can the Q7 go from rest to 100 kmph? What is the maximum speed?
The 2.0-litre TFSI Quattro engine powers the petrol version guises of the Q7 from rest to 100 kmph in a blazing fast 6.9 seconds. The 3.0-litre V6 turbocharging engine powers the diesel version iteration of the Q7 from rest to 100 kmph in a mere 7.1 seconds. The petrol variants have a top speed of 233 kmph while the diesel variants have a top speed of 234 kmph.
5. How many colours are offered for the Audi Q7 in India?
This beast of a car is available in 4 different and dynamic colours. The colours are Ice Silver, Teak Brown, Orca Black and Sepang Blue.
6. Which safety and security systems are installed in this SUV?
The Audi Q7 is replete with safety features like antilock braking system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD), engine immobilizer, central locking, child lock safety, hill assist, brake assist, traction control, electronic stability program, driver airbag, co-passenger airbag, power door lock, speed sensing automatic lock, turn indicators on ORVM, rear wiper, rain sensing technology, headlight washers, cornering lights, rear parking sensors and camera, paddle shift and cruise control.
7. How spacious is the cabin? What is the boot space of Audi Q7?
The Audi Q7 cabin has been built to accommodate seven passengers comfortably in a 2+3+2 arrangement. The legroom, headroom space and arm space are excellent and adequate for passengers at the front, in the middle as well as rear. Audi has provided Q7 with a boot space of 295 litres which is decent and can hold 1 suitcase and a small bag.
8. How is the Q7’s performance with regards to fuel efficiency?
The petrol version of the Q7 offers a not-so-impressive average fuel economy of 11.68 kmpl; 9.4 kmpl in the city and 13.96 kmpl on the highways. The diesel counterparts return a fuel economy of 14.75 kmpl; 11.6 kmpl on city roads and 17.9 kmpl on highways which is still quite low. All variants have a 75-litre fuel capacity.
9. What are the specifications of the engine in Audi Q7?
The two engines that power the petrol and diesel versions of the Audi Q7 are:
· Petrol Version - 1948 cc, 4 cylinder, 2.0-liter TFSI Quattro engine generating a peak torque of 370 Nm @1600-4500 rpm and a maximum power output of 248 bhp @ 5000-6000 rpm. This engine generates and transfers the power to all the wheels of this SUV which is why it is and all-wheel drive (AWD) vehicle.
· Diesel Version - 2967 cc, 6 cylinder 3.0-liter V6 turbocharging engine generates a peak torque of 600Nm @ 1500-3000 rpm and has a maximum power output of 245 bhp @ 2910-4500 rpm. This engine, like the petrol version, transfers the generated power to all wheels of the car.
10. What are the different variants of Q7 launched by Audi?
Audi Q7 is available to customers in India in five variants; three with a petrol fuel system and two with a diesel fuel system.
The petrol version variants are:
· 40 TFSI Premium Plus
· 40 TFSI Technology Pack
· Design Edition Petrol
The diesel version variants are:
· 45 TDI Quattro Premium Plus
· 45 TDI Quattro Technology Pack
11. Does Audi offer any factory warranty on the Q7?
Yes, Audi offers a 24 month (2 years) and unlimited kilometres factory warranty on all of its models, including every version of the Q7 without any restriction or limitation on the distance of the warranty. It can be availed anywhere and anytime you require it. Customers can extend the warranty by one or two years by paying an extra amount.