- Petrol Engine Sound
- Diesel Engine Sound
Audi S6 Reviews (40)
Read all Audi S6 Reviews Write a Review
Audi S6 Sales Statistics
Audi S6 News
- Bid to drive a Supercar with MyChoize Self Drive Cars Davender Soni, 26-04-2017 Want to drive a supercar at Buddh International Circuit, hurry bid starts at jus...
- Audi Q8 Production Starts in 2018; Audi Q4 in 2019 Mayank, 12-04-2017 The very sporty Audi Q4 with its typical coupe-style silhouette will be position...
- Audi to use mix of four materials to build A8 Space Frame Anurag Busi, 07-04-2017 Audi has decided to use a mix of four materials that will be used for the first-...
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift Launched at Rs. 30.50 Lakhs Mayank, 06-04-2017 The 2017 Audi A3 facelift is offered in both petrol and diesel fuel trims in two...
- Jaguar XF— Big cat has claws Ashish Masih, 10-11-2014 In the market for a luxury car but want something different from the Germans? Then...
- BWW 530D Test Drive Review Ashish Masih, 16-05-2014 If you enjoy driving a luxury car yourself then the BMW 5 Series is just for you
- Audi A3 – New A3 gets an A-Plus Ashish Masih, 22-02-2017 Audi ups the game in the entry luxury segment with useful feature upgrades and feisty...
- Audi A4 - Be the One Arjit Garg, 29-08-2016 We recently test drove the car on the picturesque roads from Bhubaneswar to Puri....
Audi S6 Overview
Positioned between the outright sporty 'RS' range and the regular versions, the S6 is one such vehicle that would offer adequate power without the bone-jarring ride quality or the impracticality sports cars offer.??This is to the A6 line up what the Audi S4 is to the Audi A4 model range. Slightly sporty on the outside, much about the same on the inside, but with a good number of changes done in the mechanicals, the S6 is surely a very special piece of kit.
Much like the RS4, the RS6 is also not available in India, which means that if you want a sporty version of the Audi A6, the Audi S6 is the only option out there. But that's not a negative thing!
Audi S6 Exterior
?The front, like the A6, is mean-looking. From the sides, it sits close to the ground and that gives it a sporting appearance. The rear is akin to the A6. It does look sporty, keeping a balance between the classy A6 and the sportiness of the RS6, the latter isn't yet available in india though.
Audi S6 Interior
Regular features are carried over from the A6, but there are a few changes. The trim on the dashboard, for instance, isn't wood as found on the A6. Also, like the A6, the car's in no way short on space and comfort. The fit and finish, and the overall feel is very Audi.
Audi S6 Engine & Transmission
The 3.0TDI, the presence of S6 makes sense for those who want a powerful A6 but don't want to spend on something like the BMW M5 or the Mercedes Benz E63 AMG.??This might not help it compete against the out and out supersaloons but Audi offers a more usable car in the form of the S6. And 400+ PS of power is more than what two generations old sports cars were making. Keeping that in mind, this is quite a powerful offering.
Audi S6 Mileage
Audi S6 Braking and Safety
On the safety front, the vehicle gets 6 airbags along with all the driver aids including ABS, EBD, Traction Control, ESP etc. Given that you won't be heading trackside everyday, and the all the systems will be turned on, the S6 will prove to be a great tourer. You can achieve good speed without too much of unnecessary drama.
Audi S6 Performance and Handling
What do we think about Audi S6?
But while the Audi S6 looks like a great car, with an ex-showroom price tag of about Rs 87lakhs, it doesn't offer the exclusivity or the performance the super saloons have. Although the S6 does offer a better ride and comfort than them, the price looks a bit high. ??Having said that, if you are in for a sporty version of the Audi A6, there's nothing else in the market other than the S6. Even the competition doesn't over a direct rival to the car. It's an accomplished car, and while it lacks the exclusivity of more premium offerings, the S6 (like the S4) offers the best of both worlds.
Audi S6 Competitors
BMW 530d can prove to be a great competition if you are looking for a rear-wheel-drive diesel sedan.
Other Audi Cars
More on Audi S6