BMW 5 Series FAQs
1. How many colour options are available in BMW 5 series?
The BMW 5 series is available in nine different colour options - Black Sapphire, Titanium Silver, Deep Sea Blue, Sophisto Grey Brilliant Effect, Imperial Blue Brilliant Effect, Milano Beige, Space Grey, Alpine White, and Havana.
2. What is the acceleration on BMW 5 series?
BMW 5 series is a powerful car that possesses amazing acceleration capabilities. The 3.0-litre engine can reach from 0-100 kmph in under 5.8 seconds while other variants can cross the mark within 7.1 seconds.
3. Can I buy BMW 5 series directly from the factory?
No, the BMW 5 series is not available directly from the factory. You need to approach your nearest BMW dealership to purchase the car. Any offers or discounts can only be availed through the official dealership in your city.
4. What about the storage space in BMW 5 series?
BMW 5 series is equipped with plenty of in-cabin storage. The boot space is quite huge at around 520 litres, which can easily hold up to four suitcases and bags.
5. How many travellers can comfortably sit in BMW 5 series?
Thanks to its spacious seats and ample legroom, BMW 5 series can accommodate 5 passengers easily. It is spacious enough to make even long journeys comfortable for front as well as rear passengers.
6. What is the top-speed on BMW 5 series that I can attain?
BMW 5 series is an extremely powerful car. It can easily achieve top speed of 250 kmph within no time.
7. What type of fuel options are available for BMW 5 series in India?
Presently, there are four variants of BMW 5 series available in India. Three variants run on diesel while one variant is fuelled by petrol. There is no option for CNG or LPG version as of now. All the variants come fitted with automatic transmission system.
8. What is the mileage offered by BMW 5 series?
BMW cars offer excellent mileage as compared to other options in the category. The diesel variant offers an ARAI certified mileage of 18 kmpl on highways and 16 kmpl in the city. While the petrol variant offers up to 14 kmpl on highways and 12 kmpl in the city.
9. Tell me something about the engine performance of BMW 5 series?
BMW 5 series comes with three different engine options to suit the preferences of different customers. The available options are:
- 2.0 Litre Diesel Engine, Max Power -190 bhp and Max torque – 400 Nm
- 3.0 Litre Diesel Engine, Max Power -265 bhp and Max torque – 620 Nm
- 2.0 Litre Petrol Engine, Max Power -252 bhp and Max torque – 350 Nm
All engine variants are mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission system.
10. Can I buy the BMW 5 series from the CSD Canteen?
No, the BMW 5 series is not available from the CSD canteen as it is a luxury car. You can get in touch with the nearest BMW dealership in your city to buy it.
11. What is the standard waiting period for BMW 5 series?
Unless you choose a slow-moving colour or variant, you can get the delivery of a new BMW 5 series within two weeks of placing the order with the dealership. The period might vary slightly based on the state you live in.