Since I purchased my Honda Amaze it is delivering lower than expected mileage and it is becoming even poorer, what may be the reason?
By: Udaya Pratap S on 19 february 2017
There may be many possible reasons of poor mileage, so I can’t say anything for sure without checking your car out in person. Below are a few ways by which you can squeeze the most out of each drop of fuel. Though each suggestion by itself will account for a small increase, but if practiced in combination can increase your car’s mileage and performance significantly.
• Drive slow and steady (45-55 kmph). The faster you go, the more the wind resistance your vehicle will face.
• Avoid accelerating or decelerating unnecessarily.
• Always drive in correct gear as incorrect gear shifting can lead to as much as 20% increase in fuel consumption.
• Check wheels for free rotation when your car is being serviced.
• Check the tyre pressure regularly.
• When you stop your car, stop your engine.
• Use recommended engine oil, thicker engine oil can cause a 2% increase in fuel consumption.
• Use your clutch only when you change gears. Riding the clutch causes loss of energy and damages clutch lining.
• Do not park in sun for too long. Park under shade.
• Clean air filter and fuel filter regularly.
• Always use recommended spares and lubricants.
• Servicing of your vehicle must be carried out as specified in user's manual.
Related Questions on Honda Amaze
Tom Paul Johnson 2017-05-311Answer
Herman crasto 2017-05-221Answer
nilesh narsing 2017-02-101Answer