Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015
Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015
- Petrol Engine Sound
- Diesel Engine Sound
- Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015 Competitors
- Recently viewed cars
Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015 News
- Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra & Ford Cars – March 2017 Davender Soni, 24-03-2017 Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Mahindra & Ford Cars in...
- Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Honda & Tata Cars – March 2017 Davender Soni, 24-03-2017 Autoportal brings some more set of benefits on the brands like Maruti Suzuki, Hy...
- Hyundai Inaugurates Professional Development Center in Kolkata Mayank, 20-03-2017 All the CSR activities are being conducted towards support to community enhancem...
- Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota & Renault Cars – March 2017 Davender Soni, 18-03-2017 Autoportal brings you the list of offers and discount on Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota...
- Honda City V Hyundai Verna Ashish Masih, 04-07-2014 This is the big fight for the midsize sedan segment crown among heavy weights Honda...
- Honda WR-V – Mix and match Ashish Masih, 08-03-2017 Honda hopes that surging sales in the compact SUV space will help the WR-V find plenty...
- New Honda City – Long live the king Ashish Masih, 20-02-2017 Honda has updated the popular City sedan with plenty of new features and subtle changes...
Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015 Overview
Elantra, which falls in D1 segment, always enjoyed a good market reputation and with time, Hyundai has managed to slip good features now and then to keep the vehicle in good shape. The diesel engine powered Elantra returns an average of 22.7 km per litre as per ARAI and the petrol engine gets an ARAI certification of 16.3 km/l. Even with a manual transmission, the Hyundai Elantra can return close to 14.5 km per litre, which is impressive and is one of the best in the class.
Elantra looks elegant from the interiors too. With neatly placed pockets and cup-holders, the occupants of the Elantra would never feel out of space. Hyundai has also equipped the car with cooled glove box, heated seats and a sun-roof that sure adds much luxury and premium feel to the vehicle.
The Elantra is equipped with an array of safety features. There is Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) to start with; the vehicle also gets dual stage passenger and driver airbag in base and mid trim models, while the top end model also features curtain airbags. In all, the Hyundai Elantra is loaded with features and can be called as a complete sedan.
Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015 Exterior
Hyundai Elantra being a premium sedan falling under D1 segment features alloy wheels across all its variants. All the variants get 16-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels which makes the car look magnificent. The tyres measure at 205/60 R16. Hyundai provides special silica tyres that provide ample grip on the surface.
Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015 Interior
Elantra comes with advanced audio system with 2-DIN audio Radio, CD and MP3 player. The system is well-connected with options like USB, AUX-in, iPod cable and Bluetooth. The sound flows through a good system consisting of 4-speakers and 2-tweeters. Steering wheel has the stereo control buttons and the driver can also answer the call without moving around too much. The outside mirrors can also be adjusted from the driver seat. Hyundai Elantra is often driven by chauffeurs and keeping that in mind, Hyundai has provided the option of volume controls for the rear seat passengers too.
Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015 Engine & Transmission
Hyundai Elantra weighs almost 1.5 ton and still the car provides decent amount of acceleration. The petrol engine of the Elantra takes the vehicle too three-digit mark in close to 11 seconds. The Elantra is available with both automatic and manual transmission with 6-speeds and the shifts are smooth and add pleasure to the driving.
The diesel version has a lower power than the petrol but almost takes the same amount of time to hit the 100 km/h mark. The diesel Elantra also offers tonnes of torque for fewer gearshifts.
Both the cars are brilliantly tuned to drive on an open highway or roam around in city.
The two engines that come with Hyundai Elantra are moderately powerful. The 1.8 – litre petrol VTVT produces a maximum power of 146 bhp with total torque of 182 Nm. The diesel 1.6- litre CRDi has a maximum power of 126 bhp with 265 Nm of torque working behind it. The power is very moderate and there are many cars in the same segment possess higher power than the Elantra.
The petrol engine is very responsive and instantly delivers power. The diesel counterpart however is a little lazy but with the amount of torque the diesel mill carries in itself, it becomes very easy to navigate in start/stop city traffic.
Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015 Mileage
The mileage of Hyundai Elantra is relatively higher than the other cars in its segment. ARAI certifies Elantra more than Jetta and Cruze. The premium looking Elantra gives the best of both of the worlds by providing great mileage and premium comfort.
Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015 Braking and Safety
Safety feature list is long and with features like ABS and EBD, the Elantra is one of the safest cars to drive around. Hyundai has equipped the car heavily and in a case of an accident, the safety of the driver and the passengers would be taken care off. Hyundai Elantra is one complete car with all the safety and luxurious features in place.
Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015 Performance and Handling
All four wheels get the power of disc brakes across all the variants. Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) works together to make sure the car is stopped within minimum distance and that too without any tyre screeches. Brakes are very responsive and have good bite in them.
Other Hyundai Cars
More on Hyundai Elantra 2010-2015