Isuzu MU-X (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What are the dimensions of the Isuzu MU-X?
The length of the Isuzu MU-X is 4285 mm, width is 1860 mm and the height is 1840 mm. The 5-door car has a wheel base of 2845 mm.
2. How many passengers can Isuzu MU-X accommodate? What is the boot space?
The 5-door MU-X can accommodate 7 passengers in the 2+3+2 arrangement. The car is spacious and has ample legroom, hand space and head room. The car has a boot space of 235 L, which is pretty decent for a 7-seater car.
3. How many variants are available for the Isuzu MU-X?
The MU-X has two variants both of which are powered by a diesel engine, which is mated to an automatic transmission system. The two available variants are MU-X 2WD automatic and the MU-X 4WD automatic.
4. What is the ground clearance, suspension, brakes and tyre type in MU-X?
The specifications in terms of ground clearance, suspension, brakes and tyres are given below:
· Ground Clearance: 220 mm
· Front suspension: Coil springs, double wishbone, gas shock absorbers, stabiliser bar
· Rear suspension: 5-Link coil suspension, gas shock absorbers, stabiliser bar
· Brake system: Ventilated front brake disc, disc type in rear brake
· Wheel Type: Diamond-cut alloy wheels
· Tyre type: Tubeless
5. What are the comfort and convenience features in MU-X?
The MU-X provides maximum comfort with features like climate control air-conditioning, cabin cooling vents for all seat rows, blower control for rear seats, air filter for pollen and fine particles, passive entry and start system, keyless entry, power-adjustable and power foldable door mirrors, cruise control system, steering wheel with easy select cruise and audio controls, and a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
6. How does the Isuzu MU-X ensure safety of the passengers?
The various safety features offered by Isuzu MU-X are Anti-lock braking system, electronic stability control, electronic brake force distribution, projector headlamps, rear parking camera, 6 airbags, made with high stainless steel and emergency brake assist.
7. In which automobile segment is the Isuzu MU-X launched? Who are its competitors?
MU-X belongs to the SUV range launched by Isuzu. Various cars that compete with MU-X are Toyota Fortuner, Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda CR-V, Chevrolet Trailblazer, Ford Endeavour, SsangYong Rexton and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
8. What is the mileage and engine performance of MU-X?
There is only one variant of engine with displacement of 2999 cc. The maximum power is 174 bhp and the peak torque is 380 Nm. The mileage offered by the car is 12 kmpl on city roads and 14 kmpl on highways.
9. How many colours does the Isuzu MU-X come in?
The Isuzu MU-X comes in 6 colours. The colours are Cosmic Black Mica, Titanium Silver Metallic, Orchid Brown Mica, Silky Pearl White, Obsidian Gray Mica and Ruby Red Mica.
10. What is the speed and acceleration of MU-X?
The engine took 12.15 seconds to power up the car from 0 to 100 kmph. The MU-X offers a very good ride at low speeds up to 70 kmph. After that, the ride is not as smooth and each bump is felt by the passengers.
11. What is the fuel type offered by Isuzu MU-X? What is the fuel and engine capacity of the car?
The Isuzu MU-X in India offers just the diesel fuel for its car. The fuel capacity is the standard 65 litres while the engine capacity is 3.0 litres.